Honored Contributor

Re: KIM and KANYE DIVORCING

[ Edited ]

That study does not support a diatribe against psychiatrists. It's just an interesting paper recommending further study about how gut health and microbiota can possibly affect mood and psychological disorders. We've known about that link for a while. It's not new news.

If you're on medication, go ahead and eat yogurt and take probiotics if your doc says ok. But I don't think anyone reputable would currently suggest that as a complete subsitute for treatment of any serious problem.

But back to the original topic. The original post is about a high profile divorce between public figures who have put their entire lives on display to the public, including details about their marriage and personal struggles. I think even a strong marriage between happy mature people would be stressed by all this publicity. I don't think these two ever had much of a chance.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Why did she divorce the Humphries kid? 

Trusted Contributor

Who cares? 

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@furbabylover

"Current studies, as noted in PubMed and nih.org"

Your post is difficult to read without paragraphs. Would you please cite the studies referenced above so that those interested can read them? Thanks

@mom2four0418 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6851798/

This is just one.  I think she has the website name incomplete.

If you look to the right of that page there are other articles listed on this topic.

Thanks!

@mom2four0418   You are welcome.  These studies were conducted in the past 2 or 3 years so they are fairly current.

Interesting reads.  There will always be debates regarding medical treatment so one can agree or disagree with these studies.

Treating mental illness is complex; we have a range of theories and techniques and the holistic approach continually gains momentum, thankfully.

I respect her view regarding medication; I may not agree totally but nothing is off the table in helping those struggling with any form of mental illness, as long as it is ethical, moral, compassionate, and not harmful to both body and mind.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

First of all, Kanye is NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. The election is over. Second, why on earth would you care about any of this???

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

First of all, Kanye is NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. The election is over. Second, why on earth would you care about any of this???

@Tinkerbell3  For the very same reason you cared enough to open, read and respond to this thread. 🙄