Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

I am not a fan of the Kardasians. That said, their mother knows how to play the game and she played it well including teaching her daughters the game. If there wasn't an audience for them, they wouldn't have been so successful. Add in that none of them will ever need a man unless they choose to have one in their life. All the children appear to be happy and well loved; that's what matters.

So, no matter what one may think of Kim and Kanye, I hope things are able to go smoothly for the divorce so the children don't have to suffer. I have no doubt they will be protected as much as one can in a world of instant news. Perhaps this was known to them and the reason they chose not to continue the show.

Last, mental illness isn't funny. We don't know what type of life Kim and the children have had to deal with behind closed doors; let's hope they are ALL able to find peace going forward.

@FiddleDeeDee   I agree with your post and especially the portion I highlighted.

We also need to recognize that while Kim and the children have had to live with turmoil, we also need to remember that the person with the mental illness also suffers.

Nobody wants to be mentally ill anymore that a person wants to be physically ill.  Keeping in mind both types of illness can escalate each other.

I don't know anything about the mother nor do I care.

These are real people no matter the exposure, money, etc.  It is never our place to determine exactly what goes on in their lives and it certainly is not our place to analyze and diagnose Kanye. 

It disturbs me greatly when such remarks are made; a divorce is no easier for them as it would be for the average person.

These are people who are struggling with issues that may or may not be a cause for a divorce; and if Kim is unsure, then there is something there holding the marriage together, even if by a thread.

There are also children here and when I see the usual slam posts against Kim and/or Kanye it wakes me up again to the fact that there will always be armchair critics who overlook the heartbreak of any divorce, especially when children are involved.

I see those high horses leaving piles again.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: KIM and KANYE DIVORCING

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

I am not a fan of the Kardasians. That said, their mother knows how to play the game and she played it well including teaching her daughters the game. If there wasn't an audience for them, they wouldn't have been so successful. Add in that none of them will ever need a man unless they choose to have one in their life. All the children appear to be happy and well loved; that's what matters.

So, no matter what one may think of Kim and Kanye, I hope things are able to go smoothly for the divorce so the children don't have to suffer. I have no doubt they will be protected as much as one can in a world of instant news. Perhaps this was known to them and the reason they chose not to continue the show.

Last, mental illness isn't funny. We don't know what type of life Kim and the children have had to deal with behind closed doors; let's hope they are ALL able to find peace going forward.

@FiddleDeeDee   I agree with your post and especially the portion I highlighted.

We also need to recognize that while Kim and the children have had to live with turmoil, we also need to remember that the person with the mental illness also suffers.

Nobody wants to be mentally ill anymore that a person wants to be physically ill.  Keeping in mind both types of illness can escalate each other.

I don't know anything about the mother nor do I care.

These are real people no matter the exposure, money, etc.  It is never our place to determine exactly what goes on in their lives and it certainly is not our place to analyze and diagnose Kanye. 

It disturbs me greatly when such remarks are made; a divorce is no easier for them as it would be for the average person.

These are people who are struggling with issues that may or may not be a cause for a divorce; and if Kim is unsure, then there is something there holding the marriage together, even if by a thread.

There are also children here and when I see the usual slam posts against Kim and/or Kanye it wakes me up again to the fact that there will always be armchair critics who overlook the heartbreak of any divorce, especially when children are involved.

I see those high horses leaving piles again.

This post reads "high horse" to me. And the last sentence isn't something I'd expect from a mental health advocate.

Valued Contributor
@Cakers3 Great post! Very well said.
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@songbird wrote:

They're saying that Kim has hired a high powered divorce attorney Laura Wasser.

I wonder if she gets custody of her butt implants?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Love it! Smiley Very Happy

Maybe they'll split it down the middleSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Wsmom   I think the only reason she, and the rest of them,  are neck deep in money is the viewing public has a really low bar for what passes as entertainment.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Apparently, the viewing public has an affinity for train wreck situations.  Perhaps it makes them feel better about their own lives?

One thing I didn't know was that all the nonsense about Kanye running for president was real ... he actually believed he was in the running but conceded on November 3rd.   Yikes!   That alone should prove he needs to be on meds!   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

I should know better than to dive into this, but I do have a couple thoughts.

First, I am sorry that they could not keep their marriage alive.  There are the four children (all young) who will suffer from a fractured family.  Nothing to rejoice about on that matter.

Second, I always think that, deep down, Kim is similar to her mother and that Kim, on some level, tries to "emulate" her mom, Kris.  (I placed emulate in quotation marks because this mother has questionable character traits that a daughter would want to emulate.  Nonetheless, I believe Kim tries to recreate her mother's life to some degree.)  I've read many times that Kris rues the day she divorced Robert Kardashian, the father of her first four children (well, at least three of them, but Robert always loved Khloe as his own).

So, will Kim someday regret that she divorced Kanye, I wonder.  Kim better think twice and Kanye really needs to follow his doctor's advice.

It's her third divorce. Not her first rodeo. She will always land on her feet and continue her life of excess whether she deserves all the attention and wealth or not. By the way, HOW is her quest for a law degree going???

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  "sometimes a little trial and error is necessary to find the right drug and dosage to help the patient.  If the patient doesn't cooperate, why bother seeing any doctor?" Are you kidding? One in nine Americans is on, or has been on, antidepressants, specifically SSRI's. The average effort by a psychiatrist to find "the right one" involves the patient trying 3-5 different drugs. It is coming to the attention of the public through grass roots movements across the world that these drugs are toxic to the brain. And on top of that, they don't generally work! Most people on them report feeling "numb, or passive" at best, and have a myriad of sometimes permanent side effects, like weight gain, high blood pressure, heart irregularities, liver damage, suicidal affects, rage and worsening depression. Kanye has reported in an on-air interview with Charlemagne that he has been given a string of antidepressants that have sent him into a tailspin of emotions, which are not within his control. This response to sequential experimentation by psychiatrists is common, and Kanye ended up in the hospital as a result. I don't claim he or his wife are victims. But it helps to see him in the context of the psychiatric drug nightmare he is enduring. 

@furbabylover 

Well, you sure have a pretty strong idea about what doesn't work, but nowhere is there even a hint of what would be a better way to deal with a mentally ill person whose brain chemistry is screwed up.  

What could possibly lead you to believe these drugs don't work?  Do you have a medical degree and years of experience in that field?    Or are you just repeating what you read somewhere?

I personally know a couple people that had mental/biological imbalance issues, and in both cases, medication helped ... a lot.  Yes, there was a little trial and error testing involved, but it would be the same with blood pressure or diabetic meds.  

What the heck is the Charlemagne reference supposed to mean?   I googled that name twice and all that came up was the medieval emperor that reigned most of Europe from 768 to 814 AD.   No idea what you're talking about.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee , @Cakers3 , I haven't read every post but wanted to say how much your sensitivities about mental disorders and personal life sorrow is heart warming in a sea of ridicule and harshness.  I'm sure there are other posts here that echo yours as well. 

We never know what actually goes on exactly in people's personal relationships, under their rooves, so to speak.  What appears is not what is necessarily so.  I make no judgments about this couple, only wish they find peace and can raise their family with fewest emotional disturbances possible. 

Esteemed Contributor

Charlamagne the God is a rapper. Not sure of the exact spelling.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Exactly!  There is no predicting what somebody in a severely manic state might do.   I do mean that literally, having studied this extensively and having known a couple of people who had such a severe case.

I remember this one friend, who I tried to help and had to learn that there was no helping (it's like trying to convince a brainwashed person of reality, honestly) told me that Pres Clinton contacted him and wanted him to come in the WH on AF1 to be his lawyer (before an accident that put him in this condition, he was an attorney).  He told me this because he wanted me to go with him.   I tried and tried to convince him that this was not true but there was no convincing.   I guess, at some point, he just moved on to the next thing and there were several of these delusions that beseiged him.  He was one of the severe cases for whom the meds just weren't enough and he had to spend many stints in the mental hospital.   It's terribly unfortunate but can also be dangerous.  Sad that there is nothing you can do to help.

@chickenbutt   As much as you tried to be a good friend, trying to convince a person in a delusional state that his delusion isn't real would not work.

Especially when you indicate that he was a "severe case" and meds were not helping.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh