Respected Contributor

Re: KIM KARDASHIAN HELD UP AT GUNPOINT

Who knows - maybe the Concierge alerted the burglars that she was alone in the room without security.   

Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

She was held up at gun point-tied up and robbed of millions in jewelry.

Some are saying that this is a publicity stunt, but I don't think it is. This all happened in her hotel room.

^^^^^^^^ = Thread title
Like I said in a recent thread,

I've heard if someone types in all caps (and enlarged different colored font), an angel loses their wings...!

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I don't follow the Kardashian phenomenon however I am sorry she was held up at gunpoint.  Getting robbed is bad enough.  Having someone do it at gunpoint had to be terrifying.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I wonder if Kanye will refund the people who were attending his concert since he left the stage to aid in the situation.

I'm sure that the concert was insured also, celebrities often have clauses in their contracts for what ifs. Are you worried about your tickets? I'm sure you'll be getting a refund without any hassle.

If you move your cursor underneath the bar on the left side, your reply will be underneath the post you are quoting.  FYI

Super Contributor

I haven't read all the comments on this board, but I have to wonder how she 'broke out of the handcuffs and bindings' as reported.  Can anyone really break out of handcuffs? I don't mean to be ungenerous, but there are so many bogus stories about this woman that I just have to doubt...

Honored Contributor

Funny how people are referring to her as a "millionaire".

Ah...normal people going to Walmart can be millionaires.

A million ain't like it used to be.

She's a CENTImillionaire.

Networth over $100,000,000.

Trusted Contributor

The first thing I thought was "Thank God, we won't have to see her as much now."  Then I realized she'll make tens of more millions because of this. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it is strange that she would travel with that much jewelry at all. She was going to the fashion shows so of course she would bring that. 

I also do not think it was an inside job. Every single year at these events you always hear about robberies during events like this and at Cannes. These robbers plan on this and every year there are always stories about robberies of celebs in the news. 

I don't think this was a publicity ploy at all. The concierge of the this building was also bound, gagged and hidden in a closet underneath the stairwell according to the story in the site I read. 

I am neither and Kim K fan nor a hater but I of course feel badly for her. That must of been very frightening for her and she reportedly begged for her life. Scary stuff. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@NanaLinda wrote:

I haven't read all the comments on this board, but I have to wonder how she 'broke out of the handcuffs and bindings' as reported.  Can anyone really break out of handcuffs? I don't mean to be ungenerous, but there are so many bogus stories about this woman that I just have to doubt...

I doubt she was able to get out of the handcuffs, but she was probably able to remove the gag and duct tape, to scream for help.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She is such an airhead. FOOL to bring that with her on a trip...... boxes and boxes of million dollar jewelry? JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE.

Why is she a fool? She was going to events that in the celeb world require high fashion and high fashion does incluede jewelry too.  Boxes and boxes? Her ring alone is almost worth half that amount, I doubt it was even a dozen pieces. 

These robbers target these events every single year and there are always stories about a celeb getting robbed. These people plan for this the whole year. She is hardly the first and most definitely won't be the last. 

I really hate it when people blame the victim. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK