Honored Contributor

The Queen in my opinion, wasn't very nice to Diana, nor did she show her much kindness. Diana became beloved by the people ( People's Princess) I don't think it went over well with the Queen, I think there was jealously that Diana became the favorite royal. Even in death, the Queen didn't initially address Diana's death, I think she was made to say something, the optics of it was bad.

Honored Contributor

Re: KATE MIDDLETON

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I think that scorn can be distributed to the royals in an egalitarian manner.  I mean, Katie gets off so lightly on these boards, doesn't she?

This is, after all, the United States and I'm not one of her subjects.

Egalitarian huh, yep it's a valid concept... but then so is giving credit where credit is due... and has been earned... over the long haul...

Just sayin'... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Odd how it's so unacceptable in this case, but when a positive, pleasant Meghan thread is destroyed it's quite fine.

I'd suggest that when Meghan threads go sour it isn't because comparisons to Kate crop up... Those threads go sour all on their own and it has nothing to do with Kate... Kate is rarely even mentioned on those threads and there really was no compelling reason to bring Meghan into this one, other than to stir the pot...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Agree with your comments.

I read this as it was a KM thread then all of a sudden it goes to MM and other members of Royal family nothing about Kate at all.

I suggest if posters want to go on a named thread keep to the topic as then if you do not like the subject you do not have to read or just post nasty comments.

If I do not like a thread which has a very clear heading I do not read post and certainly would not make nasty comments - makes sense to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich  I understand your perspective... It was clearly a Kate thread and it would even be all right with me if anyone wanted to post critical comments about her, (unlike the reaction on most MM threads when less that glowing comments are made) because it would still be on topic... But to come onto a thread and then attempt to hijack it, making it into something completely different, is generally considered to be poor form... Betting virutally everyone is aware of that, but some choose to ignore it...

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I think that scorn can be distributed to the royals in an egalitarian manner.  I mean, Katie gets off so lightly on these boards, doesn't she?

This is, after all, the United States and I'm not one of her subjects.

Katie may be "getting off lightly" as you put it (not me) because she has really not made a misstep as a royal in years, since her early days, and even then nothing very serious nor challenging to the monarchy.  And comments about Kate are not intended as slams against MM  ;east mine aren't.  

I thought this quote (by "British royal expert William Hanson" -- no idea who he is!) was interesting:

Catherine made many mistakes when she was first engaged and married to Prince William, as Meghan is now. Both are very different and both contribute to the royal family and the wider cause," he says, adding, "No one person is bigger than the institution, however. Catherine understands this as she is a native Brit, and so grew up with a greater consciousness of how the British royal family do things.

To be completely honest, I didn't realize that Kate and Will had been criticized in the past for their work ethic, among other things. I truly thought they were beloved by all from the start, but that is not the case.

Honored Contributor

NOT trying to hijack the thread, but I'm surprised there haven't been any threads about the Prince Andrew fiasco ......  or have they been poofed ?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:
I am an equal fan of both Duchesses. They are both lovely and seem kind. Both grew up as commoners. Kate's parents worked hard and raised nice kids. Meghan had a million dillar career before she met Harry. Both Duchesses are a credit to the RF.

I agree.

It is unfortunate that there seems to be some discord between them.  It's part of the reason many here feel the need to take sides.

Honored Contributor
@Tinkrbl44. Not trying to hijack a thread yet your post is the very definition of a hijack? 👎

@Johnnyeager You can think what you want to of course but I dont think there is any truth to back up your opinion.
And from what I've read from articles citing the usual royal sources, the original press reports of bad feelings between the two duchesses was really a rift between the two duke brothers. So think what you want of course but there is no evidence to support your sneaky snake theory, in which case it would be all in your head.