Esteemed Contributor

frost guard windshield cover

I don’t need it but that cardinal print makes me want to buy!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: frost guard windshield cover

I just looked at the selection. There are some nice looking Frost Guards.

But I have at least 3 of the plain looking ones buried in the garage. If I bought a couple of the newer designs, I bet I wouldn't use them either.

Honored Contributor

these are one of the few things I've bought that actually do their job---both the hubs and I have one and use it religiously when needed---saves us so much time and effort.

Honored Contributor

definitely a great product.....does the job, easy to use.

about two years ago i gave all of my family members these for christmas and they are all used frequently.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use these religiously as needed( live in the mountains).  We had a lot of wind last time we used it so put a small rock to weight it down; it froze and it took us 15 minutes to get that rock loose!

Respected Contributor

I haven't tried one, but there are several different prints to choose from. I'd have a hard time picking. Looks like there are many good reviews. 

FrostGuard Windshield Cover with 2 Security Panels & Mirror Covers 

Cardinal Print 

Regular Contributor

Absolutely love this product. Bought one the first year that they came out, and have used it every year during our Michigan Winters.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I just looked at the selection. There are some nice looking Frost Guards.

But I have at least 3 of the plain looking ones buried in the garage. If I bought a couple of the newer designs, I bet I wouldn't use them either.

I bought an earlier version of this, I really didn't use it much. Then they came out with the one that has a flap you can tuck into your car door and the outside mirror covers, so I bought that too ( I gave away the first one to my nephew). Honestly, I don't use it that often, I forget to put it on before a possible snowfall, it sits rolled up behind a chair in my livingroom. I find when it's icy the mirror covers are hard to get off (the bungee cord you tighten it on with becomes hard to loosen up). I find it's not really worth the trouble.

Honored Contributor

I love the cardinal design too but since I retired, I've made it a policy to never go anywhere early enough so as to worry about having to scrape frost.  I let the sun take care of it, then saunter forth after noon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I’m often out before noon but the sun usually has the windshield and driver’s side wi Dow’s clear for me. 

Keepin' it real.