Esteemed Contributor

It is funny that Kate seems to be off limits, but there are free for alls with Meghan.  

Personally, I think that the "I Adore Kate" posts are a back handed way to get at Meghan.

Kate's smug self-awareness of her good fortune is off putting (to me, in my opinion.)

Kate:  Good

Meghan:  Bad

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

Even the thread title is in ALL CAPS lol

Like I said ... weird

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor
I am an equal fan of both Duchesses. They are both lovely and seem kind. Both grew up as commoners. Kate's parents worked hard and raised nice kids. Meghan had a million dillar career before she met Harry. Both Duchesses are a credit to the RF.
Trusted Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

She may be considered an 'asset' due to the fact that she's reproduced, other than that, I don't find her that compelling.

I agree for the most part, but I do like how she has matured.  No more nude sunbathing, no more nekkid behind as her skirt blows up (three times at least), no more public drunkenness.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I much prefer Meghan to Katie.  Kate reeks of arrogance and entitlement.

But Katie has done her royal duty and now it's time to close up shop.

At the risk of starting a war... I think maybe you got the two mixed up...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

LOL!  Meghan sure has made her mark, and I don't mean that in a positive sense.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

I cannot understand how a perfectly nice thread has turned into a hate debate instigated by certain posters - I guess these posters need to turn everything into a battle then get the thread deleted by their own posts.  Very sad people.  Now you can blast me lol

Esteemed Contributor

Odd how it's so unacceptable in this case, but when a positive, pleasant Meghan thread is destroyed it's quite fine.

Honored Contributor

Seems like some one wants to argue.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I think that scorn can be distributed to the royals in an egalitarian manner.  I mean, Katie gets off so lightly on these boards, doesn't she?

This is, after all, the United States and I'm not one of her subjects.

Katie may be "getting off lightly" as you put it (not me) because she has really not made a misstep as a royal in years, since her early days, and even then nothing very serious nor challenging to the monarchy.  And comments about Kate are not intended as slams against MM  ;east mine aren't.  

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Odd how it's so unacceptable in this case, but when a positive, pleasant Meghan thread is destroyed it's quite fine.

@Johnnyeager 

Yes, pleasant thread destroyed, intentionally, as you did.

Of NOTE:

The Topic is NOT ‘the Royal family’, but Kate Middleton.

What sort of thought process makes a positive comment about one  a negative comment about another?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras