Frequent Contributor

Re: Just curious about posting count

I lost 9,000+ posts with the board upgrade. 

Honored Contributor

It happened to most of us - maybe all of us. And I think it happened after they transitioned to the new forums. I think I had 11,000+ in the first few hours of the new forums and then it went to 4,000+.

Respected Contributor

I had close to ten housand and now I think I have about two thousand?

Respected Contributor

Nope I have 1663?

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It happened to most of us - maybe all of us. And I think it happened after they transitioned to the new forums. I think I had 11,000+ in the first few hours of the new forums and then it went to 4,000+.

I think everyone lost at least half their posts, and also had their registration date changed.

I originally had slightly over 1,000 posts since I was an infrequent poster for many years; I now have 518, but had 450+ when they "upgraded" the boards on June 15.

My original registration date, which never changed throughout all the previous "upgrades," was 10-26-2004.  My new registration date is 03-10-2010 - 01:35 PM.  I believe the earliest registration date is 03-09-2010, for the posters who have been here the longest.

Just my observations.  YMMV Woman Wink

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I was gone for several years and when I returned I had no problems at all posting. However, I lost thousands of posts. Has this happened to anyone else?

It doesn't really matter ,I am just curious as to what happened

More than half of mine are gone also.  Doesn't matter much I guess since it happened to everyone.  I just wish they had removed from the oldest to newest and not randomly as they did, as many of my newer posts are gone.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I developed a habit of copying and pasting significant posts to Word.  I had to do a lot of reformatting, but it was worth it.  I too lost thousands of posts (more than half), but I feel I still have the ones that, for the most part, were important to me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

i lost my sign-up date which was incorrect ever since the LAST major board overhaul. i have also lost close to 75% of my post count.....do the math!!!!! Woman WinkRobot tongue

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein