Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight You are absolutely correct. Dogs do not belong at places where there are crowds like a baseball game.It makes them very nervous and when they are nervous they are likely to do anything.

The thing is , I have learned from some of my neighbors, that they never housebreak the dog , so they can't leave it at home because it will go all over the house while they are gone, so instead they take it everywhere with them. One lady brings her obnoxious dog to sewing club with her and he wears a diaper because he isn't housebroken, and he chews at that diaper constantly. We keep trying to tell her to hire a trainer to housebreak the dog for her but she won't and she thinks crates are cruel so she won't use one. So she puts a diaper on him then puts clothes on him to hide the fact he is wearing a diaper.

Trusted Contributor

One store in a mall having a pet-friendly policy has no bearing on the other stores' policies.  This is not a case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

As you can tell by my tag I love animals, but I have a problem with Pit Bulls--these dogs require special socializing and many owners don't take the time to train them properly..  While Pits can be very loving to their families, sometimes it's not the case with strangers.....they can sometimes be aggressive......If someone got bit that victim could sue BOTH the dog owner and store (the store for letting dogs in when they dont really belong)....And aggressive behaviour isn't limited to Pits either, according to our city authorities here, the dog with the most bites is Chihuahua's...............

Also other stores and shoppers in he strip don't want dogs in the store because of the issue with dogs pooping/peeing ......Some people are allergic too and don't expect to have to deal with a dog in a non-pet store......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I saw a woman in my neighborhood walking her pit bull on the trail today and the dog had a muzzle.  I am guessing that this is more so that no one can accuse her dog of doing any harm than about the dog.

If you watch Hot Bench, Pit Bulls are often the cause of many lawsuits there.

@VaBelle35

I watch People's Court and Judge Judy and there are many cases involving Pit Bulls -- attacking people and other animals....But whats surprising is they did a news story on dog bites and in our city the dog with the most bites is Chihuahuas......so "foo foo" dogs can be aggressive too.....

I do love dogs and all animals, especially Beagles, Golden Retreivers, and Labs....but wouldnt take one to a non-pet store...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@Mom2Dogs I agree. I'm not a "dog person", but there are places dogs don't belong. Just recently, I've seen dogs everywhere! I know people will attack me for stating my feelings. Many people started bringing their dogs to baseball games lately. I do not feel they need to be there, for fear of dogs attacking each other (you never how dogs react to other dogs).  I'm slightly scared of all large dogs. I was trying to walk around a rather large dog on a leash, but the owner kept letting it come closer to me, thinking I wanted to pet the dog. Even if dogs are on a leash, they can try to bite other dogs, or people. I wish more people were considerate  of people who are not "pet people". 

Ps. I know I'll regret posting this.

@TX-starlight

You would love this....We have a minor league hockey team here, and one of the most popular game events is one where they allow people to BRING THEIR DOGS TO THE GAME!!!--I have never gone, but can imagine the dog fights and dog mess and pee all over.....what a strange event!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I saw a woman in my neighborhood walking her pit bull on the trail today and the dog had a muzzle.  I am guessing that this is more so that no one can accuse her dog of doing any harm than about the dog.

If you watch Hot Bench, Pit Bulls are often the cause of many lawsuits there.

@VaBelle35

I watch People's Court and Judge Judy and there are many cases involving Pit Bulls -- attacking people and other animals....But whats surprising is they did a news story on dog bites and in our city the dog with the most bites is Chihuahuas......so "foo foo" dogs can be aggressive too.....

I do love dogs and all animals, especially Beagles, Golden Retreivers, and Labs....but wouldnt take one to a non-pet store...

@Spurt  My neighbor had 2, Taco and Tamale, and they were always running out the door when she opened it and chasing people.  Your ankles were not safe around them.  They were tiny but loud!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Wow so many interesting points have been brought up. 

I was not at this strip mall when this happened, (am home recovering from some surgery). 

I just found this question so interesting.

Honored Contributor

@viva923

We are a pet loving family, but! My feeling is this: Unless shown "this is a pet friendly store", or something similar, we DO NOT assume that it is one. We do not take Lily into any establishment that is not posted as such.

Because we love our pets does not override the fact that many do not, and some even have medical allergies to certain animals. My personal view?  Use your common sense.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

As you can tell by my tag I love animals, but I have a problem with Pit Bulls--these dogs require special socializing and many owners don't take the time to train them properly..  While Pits can be very loving to their families, sometimes it's not the case with strangers.....they can sometimes be aggressive......If someone got bit that victim could sue BOTH the dog owner and store (the store for letting dogs in when they dont really belong)....And aggressive behaviour isn't limited to Pits either, according to our city authorities here, the dog with the most bites is Chihuahua's...............

Also other stores and shoppers in he strip don't want dogs in the store because of the issue with dogs pooping/peeing ......Some people are allergic too and don't expect to have to deal with a dog in a non-pet store......

My niece has one and he is the nastiest little thing ever...

Even though I don't like him, she now has a new baby and the dog is locked in a spare room, in his crate all day long with the exception of letting him out to eat or go do his business and that's wrong.

Because he is so nasty she can't even give him to someone else because no one wants him.

Honored Contributor

@viva923

you never mentioned where management comes into all of this?

did THEY ask her to leave and mention that no dogs are allowed? or do they have a pet policy?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein