Honored Contributor

There was a discussion opened on my facebook account today.

Question: a lady was upset that people were upset with her for bringing into a Major store in the town where I live her pure pit bull dog.

The store had no signs she couldn’t bring in the dog, but the presence of this dog upset many people.  

As the lady stated her side of this debate.

She had to go to Pet Smart store. This store is a huge pet friendly store in a long many stores strip mall in my town. when she was finished at Pet Smart , she remembered she had to visit another store in the mall for some more items she needed. 

Her thinking was, since Pet Smart is in this strip mall building, all the stores will automatically accept dogs of any kinds in their stores.

My question is :  Do you think she was OK with bringing this dog into this store.????

the facebook posts were very mixed, some for what she did was OK other were very much against what she did.

What do you guys think ??? This is just a question. Just seeing what other think of this question that was raised on facebook.

Honored Contributor

i think it all boils down to the stores pet policy.

if they allow it, then she should be fine.

if they dont allow it, then she should leave.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

No, I think it's wrong.  She's *assuming* that the presence of Pet Smart in the strip mall means it's allowable in ALL stores to *bring your pet to shopping* day.

It's not.

I don't care if it's a pit bull or one of those shi shi froo froo dogs.

You can't bring your PET where you want to shop.

And believe me, she didn't forget she had other shopping to do, she did it purposely.

It's wrong.  My opinion, it may not be a popular one, but it's mine.

Honored Contributor

People were upset in Hobby Lobby on Saturday because someone brought in a very large dog and he was barking at everyone.

And then peed in the aisle and the staff had to clean it up.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

If you don't like dogs or are afraid of them, of course you don't want to see a dog in a store. I love dogs so as long as the dog was on a leash and under control, I don't have a problem with an animal in a store. If I was a store owner though, I would view the dogs presence as a safety issue and would ask the woman to kindly leave the store and take her dog with her.

Valued Contributor
No, I do not think it was okay to bring her dog into another store. I'm a dog owner and a dog lover but I understand everyone is not a fan, and some people are fearful of dogs, and should not have to be subjected to my pet. And frankly, I find it annoying when folks bring dogs to grocery stores - and I see it happening way too frequently anymore.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

No, I think it's wrong.  She's *assuming* that the presence of Pet Smart in the strip mall means it's allowable in ALL stores to bring your pet to shopping day.

It's not.

I don't care if it's a pit bull or one of those shi shi froo froo dogs.

You can't bring your PET where you want to shop.

And believe me, she didn't forget she had other shopping to do, she did it purposely.

It's wrong.  My opinion, it may not be a popular one, but it's mine.

@Lucky Charm  Well I agree with you. 

And LOL at shi shi froo froo dogs.  I usually call them foo foo. 

Why should her dog be allowed in a non-pet store?  No sign doesn't mean you just walk in with an animal, period.  She knew this; I doubt this was her first rodeo at this strip mall since Pet Smart was her destination.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I am a huge dog lover and we have a twelve pound Bichon Stanley. He doesn't shed and is groomed at all times. He doesn't bark or jump on people at all. Now that being said I would not take him into any store other than Pet Smart. I don't think it is appropriate unless it is a certified guide dog. No one should have to deal with another persons dog.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

I love dogs of all kinds. But I think Pit Bulls appear scary to some people...and that is a widely known fact. I think that woman needs to re-evaluate where she brings her dog. If her dog was a small mini-dog of some sorts, I don't think the incident would have been a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I think this woman's "thinking" was a bit flawed. Just beause there was a pet store in the strip mall doesn't mean she should assume pooches (whatever kind they are) should be taken into other stores. I love animals and have pets of my own, but I would never consider doing that. Neither would I consider leaving my pet in the car while running into the other store. She should've taken the pet home and gone back to the other store some other time. Inconvenient? Maybe, but that's the way it goes.