Honored Contributor

I do not think animals belong in stores unless it is like Pet Smart that allows pets or a service dog....in the last 2 visits to walmart, I have seen people with pets in their cart...I don't think I like pets in stores especially where food is sold.

Respected Contributor

I think the woman was wrong. I don't want to see dogs brought in to a store where I am shopping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

Well, I was just going to gripe more about people who parade their big ole dogs in a Lowe's I go to that's *by* a PetSmart.  Or have their little fancy schmancy dogs in the cart seat.

But then I googled it and a HuffPo article from 2014 had Lowe's and Home Depot and 17 other stores that allow it.  It is up to management at each of these establishments to determine if they wish to honor it. 

So I wrong, but I ignore the dogs and their owners anyway.

I had a beautiful German Shepherd up until 4 years ago (this month Woman Sad).  I didn't take her anywhere I didn't think was necessary.  HD and Lowe's would be on the list.  She would be bored to death!

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think she was right to bring her dog into the store.I myself would leave a store that a dog was brought into.People should not automatically assume that others want to be around their pets.

Honored Contributor

Dog lover here, but put me in the very much against category.  I wouldnt think of taking a dog in a store without calling first to check if it was permisable.  I understand some people are allergic to or fearful of dogs, especially pits.  Health laws often exclude them from grocery stores.

The owner of the dog at Hobby Lobby should have been asked to leave.  The person in charge was a lily-livered coward.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I saw a woman in my neighborhood walking her pit bull on the trail today and the dog had a muzzle.  I am guessing that this is more so that no one can accuse her dog of doing any harm than about the dog.

If you watch Hot Bench, Pit Bulls are often the cause of many lawsuits there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm

I agree 100%. 

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Well, I was just going to gripe more about people who parade their big ole dogs in a Lowe's I go to that's *by* a PetSmart.  Or have their little fancy schmancy dogs in the cart seat.

But then I googled it and a HuffPo article from 2014 had Lowe's and Home Depot and 17 other stores that allow it.  It is up to management at each of these establishments to determine if they wish to honor it. 

So I wrong, but I ignore the dogs and their owners anyway.

I had a beautiful German Shepherd up until 4 years ago (this month Woman Sad).  I didn't take her anywhere I didn't think was necessary.  HD and Lowe's would be on the list.  She would be bored to death!

I'm  not sure about home depot, but Lowe's started allowing people to bring in their dogs so pet owners wouldn't  leave their pets in a hot vehicle while  they shopped.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just a Question today

[ Edited ]

Funny this should come up bc I am seeing more dogs in stores lately. Some lady had a Pug in her basket yesterday at Lowes, and another lady brought her Chihuahua into the TJMaxx store.  Makes sense about the Lowes now, if it's store policy permitted. Not sure about the TJM, but she was not asked to leave - she kept browsing and shopping.

(Edited to add, I am a dog lover, so doesn't bother me in the least, but I do respect the fact that many others are fearful, allergic, or just plain don't want animals in the store). 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Unless it was a service dog it doesn’t belong in stores that don’t explicitly allow it.  It makes it harder for those with service dogs if it’s abused by anyone who has a pet.