Honored Contributor

@wakefield64   Perhaps PRESENCE would be a better word.  

Honored Contributor

Jill is certainly getting a nice send off, other hosts were like don't let the door hit you on the way out. I am surprised QVC is allowing Jill to promote her Just Jill Bauer Facebook and Instagram presence. She must have something lined up, I am curious to what it will be.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@wakefield64   Perhaps PRESENCE would be a better word.  

@SeaMaiden   Perhaps!!

Respected Contributor

Jill worked while her children were young, her son was born  during Jill's QVC career.  Now both children are teenagers, her daughter might be older, not certain.  Why now decide to stay home with the family?  Mary Beth did the same thing, she said she was cutting down on her QVC schedule to spend more time with the family, most of whom were in high school and/or college.  However, it seems she's on frequently now.

IMO, children need mom most when they are little.  I have 3 and I was fortunate to be able to be at home with them from birth through high school. When it's a situation where the mother is the only or main bread winner, there is not much choice.  I assume both Jill's and Mary Beth's husbands earn a decent income and both women could have stayed with their young children.  

The idea that Jill is leaving to pursue a different career makes more sense than the reason announced.  

Esteemed Contributor
We shall see what she has lined up. But I would assume that they have a non-compete clause. I thought that was why LR had to wait, was it two years?, before she started her sales from home. I won’t be following her on Facebook, I have no interest in that. But I wish her well. And btw, I also find it strange that now, when her kids are more or less self sufficient, she wants to be home with them.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Contributor

Respected Contributor

I have never understood the infatuation with the hosts. This is an online shopping network for goodness sake! They are just people who happen to be selling merchandise on television. They are not celebrities! Someone told me that Lids R actually booked a cruise with her fans??? We literally laughed about it. I don't sit and watch QVC for an extended time and there are definitely hosts who I like more than others, but I certainly don't follow then on FB. It honestly doesn't make sense to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

None of the hosts that left the Q for whatever reason made a better living for themselves or became more famous,to my knowledge. If Kathy Levine couldn't do it, none of them can do it.

Mike Rowe left QVC and has made a name for himself. He was a hosts about 20 years ago and went on to bigger and better adventures. So, who knows what Jill has planned.  She is very knowledgeable and has many talents. I wish her well.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that Jill implied anywhere that she wants to be "bigger" than she is on QVC.  Obviously, she wants to continue to do something with life work-wise.  People read much too much into these things.

Also, the hosts are most certainly celebrities.  They are promoted by QVC in that manner and how self-titled shows.  TV personalities are celebrities, perhaps of a minor sort, but celebrities nonetheless.

Many posters here do feel that the decision to leave may be a combination of things, with the right timing.  If she was unhappy about the direction QVC was going and taking her, she may also have some regret about missing time with her children when they were younger.  

Trusted Contributor

I, of course, have no inside information on Jill's future plans, but I think we can agree that Jacque Gonzalez - among other former hosts - basically tanked on social media.  It is to Jill's credit that she methodically thought things through, and is promoting a continuation of the "relationship" with her customers.  Honestly, QVC has never allowed hosts to promote their new endeavors the way they have let Jill and David and everyone else mention her social media platforms.  Plus, there does not seem to be any animosity on Jill's part toward the Q.  Several other hosts have taken grudges with them to their post Q lives.