Super Contributor

I like Jill as a host and agree with many that the newer hosts have much seasoning to do ..which is to be expected for someone new to a job.

I must say that this heavy push for "follow me on JustJill" feels a bit much.  I notice on her Facebook page that she's now responding to almost every post encouraging people to tell their friends to follow her.  Clearly a business is being built and she's wanting to bring a fan base with her.  That's great--I don't begrudge her that. But it's almost as if Jill has suddently changed from her more reserved, rarely replying to a FB post self to a "I want to be your best friend" person.    It feels artifical to me.  I would have been more inclined to follow her next venture if she didn't seem so desperate to drag customers along with her.

I have enjoyed some of her shows and ideas.  I don't think I'd buy from her just because it's Jill's website or product line..although I am sure some folks will.  Perhaps she will have the same fan following that Lisa Robertson did.  In which case I expect her new "line" will be a success.  But I find the change in personality--where now she suddenly opens up with photos of spouse and kids and personal life simply to set the stage for making money to be off-putting.   

And now I'll sit back and allow the attacks to begin since I said something not totally supportive of Jill....

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's because Jill has to do all the heavy lifting herself now, whatever this new venture turns out to be.

She doesn't have QVC to promote her anymore, so it makes sense.

Respected Contributor

Makes sense? She's on QVC's dime now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Makes Cents to me.....and they're letting her do it, so I applaud her for taking advantage of the opportunity.

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj  I agree with your statements.  Jill was more reserved than some of the hosts and she seems to have changed to promote her new "adventure."   Personally, I don't follow any of the hosts on social media since I don't participate in it.  When Jane T. left many years ago she asked viewers to join her new website.  (probably before Facebook)  I did and enjoyed it and even made a friend that lives  in the same part of the state that I do.  Jane T. also was selling silver jewelry on her new website, but that was not successful.  She returned to QVC.  I'm sure Jill has a plan or she wouldn't have resigned.  Will be interesting to see what Jill will do after she leaves tomorrow.  Since Jill announced that she will be leaving her appearance and personality changed.  She seems to be very happy.  I will miss her as a host and I wish her well.

Regular Contributor

I sorta agree that Jill seems almost artificial since she announced her leaving..She is more 'friendly' and smiles more..and has fixed herself up more..I always watched as she would just hug some guests, others she almost stepped away from...just odd. She seldoms mentions her husband but she did say he left her a card this morning..Some people we aren't going to figure out so might as well join 'em I guess...I will follow her new page once in a while..JMO

Honored Contributor

I suspect hosts who leave liked the celebrity status they had as a QVC host.  "Dropping Out" of the public arena to one of relative obscurity must be difficult and can't imagine some regret it later after a few months of "off" time.  

Dan Wheeler, Lisa Robertson, and now Jill invited followers to new Facebook and Instagram pages. Not sure if Sharon Faetsch did.  Looks like Sharon's QVC Facebook page is still available; although she hasn't commented since December 2018.

Esteemed Contributor

She doesn't smile enough:  She's unhappy, sour, dour

She smiles more:  She's fake and phony.

Yikes, Run, Jill, Run!

Honored Contributor

Oh, good grief.  No one forced you into following her on FB.  It's obvious that her future plans involve some type of social media presence and she's be fool if she didn't capitalize on her QVC experience and fan base.  But YOU, don't have be involved in any way.  You obviously don't care for the woman so why they heck did you even start following her on FB? 

Esteemed Contributor

Was never a fan....but do agree about the recent change

in personality on the screen.........i am guessing you are correct about the want for people to follow her in order to participate in her new venture.