Honored Contributor

I was called for jury duty last week. In Indiana, if you can't.... due to a health issue ....you have to have a written note from your doctor. I will be called either in April, May, or June. There was a place to list any vacation plans. If all goes well, we have a short vacation planned with our children and families the last week of June so I was glad they had a place to list vacation dates. I have done it before and am glad to do it again. It's actually quite interesting.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I have been drawn for jury duty several times, but neither of us have served. My husband's medical issues are a negative, but we also have a close relative in local law enforcement, which we feel is the main reason we are always excused.

Super Contributor

I just got home and will have to go back tomorrow. They haven't seated all the jurors. I am so tired I just want to crawl into bed. The trial is a civil case and is expected to last between a week or two weeks.

Honored Contributor

I have been called to do Jury duty 2 times in St. Louis County. And both times I was chosen. Thought because my husband at the time was an attorney......but nope......that didn't work. So just because your spouse is an attorney, that really doesn't matter. In fact, the Judge called me up to his bench when the trial was over and asked me to give my DH his best regards...... When we were being given our instructions by one of the court persons, he said we must remember it is our duty to serve.....and even a Judge's wife was called, and made it to the Jury.......

It is my understanding that once you reach 70 here that you will no longer be called upon to do your duty......so that leaves me out now...... I have to say I really enjoyed doing it, it was a great learning experience......and I met some pretty interesting folks......

Super Contributor

I was on the jury but got rejected from the defense attorney. I got hurt at work several years ago and broke my wrist. She asked me if I sued the company and I told her no. I got workmens comp for a few months and that was okay for me. She then rejected me.

It is a civil case but had nothing to do with a work injury. But I am glad I don't have to serve it was going to be a one to two week case.

Honored Contributor

moxie.... I have only been called 3 times. I don't blame you for not wanting to go again. As many times as you have done it... surely you have gone above and beyond as far a your civil duty is concerned. I admire that.

Super Contributor
On 3/12/2014 jubilant said:

moxie.... I have only been called 3 times. I don't blame you for not wanting to go again. As many times as you have done it... surely you have gone above and beyond as far a your civil duty is concerned. I admire that.

Thank you. But I bet I will be called again in two years and I will have to go because I will be only 69 and 70 is the cut off day in California.