Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I do not call any jewelry made out of gold or silver "costume jewelry."  That's just me.

i dont either @depglass.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Or be really deep into astrology, maybe? 

Or a Judith needs a new car?

judith no longer owns the company. i assume she is being paid to do some designs and represent the company on air.

She still owns her name.  Is she franchsing it on QVC?

from 2014:

Xcel Brands, Inc., the brand management company behind Isaac Mizrahi and Liz Claiborne New York brands, revealed today that it has acquired jewelry brand Judith Ripka for $22.5 million.

The purchase is comprised of $14 million in cash and $6 million in interest-free promissory notes, Xcel said. Designer Judith Ripka, who founded her company in 1977, will remain as chief designer. Her Judith Ripka brand jewelry is sold in more than 200 independent jewelers and department stores in the United States as well as on QVC under the “Judith Ripka Sterling” brand. Total retail sales are reportedly about $140 million.

“We are excited by the opportunity to work with Judith Ripka and her distinctive designs; the Judith Ripka Brand embodies our core mission of delivering products of uncompromising quality,” said Robert W. D’Loren, Xcel’s chairman/ceo. “We see a tremendous potential for engaging Judith’s brand followers across new product categories, leveraging our omnichannel strategy. This acquisition satisfied all of our acquisition criteria; it’s strategic, synergistic, and accretive.”

Established in 2011, Excel has acquired Isaac Mizrahi New York and an interest in the Liz Claiborne New York brand, and has expanded into 100+ categories for the Isaac Mizrahi brand.

https://www.accessoriesmagazine.com/91961/xcel-brands-buys-judith-ripka-22-5-million

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

now you all have me worried and wondering about @dooBdoo!

Honored Contributor

Interesting info re Judth Ripka's business.

If anyone is interested in any of her (high priced initially) QVC handbags... I've seen many of them at slashed pricing...  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Interesting info re Judth Ripka's business.

If anyone is interested in any of her (high priced initially) QVC handbags... I've seen many of them at slashed pricing...  

the last time i was at a qvc outlet they had quite a few......and GREATLY reduced pricing.