Esteemed Contributor

Wow...$800 goat pin.....you gotta really like goats!  jmo...

Respected Contributor

Wow...$800 goat pin.....

-------------------------------------------------

Huhhh?!?

dogs,gifs,goats,critters,funny

Honored Contributor

Or be really deep into astrology, maybe? 

Honored Contributor

i like it, but not at that price. i generally wait until JR pieces are at least half off now before i purchase.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

To all of you Ripka fans...please don't get upset with me.  I own some Ripka jewelry and love it.

However, isn't this supposed to be costume jewelry?   I know there is such a thing as Bridge Jewelry.  Is that what her jewelry on QVC should be called?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

To all of you Ripka fans...please don't get upset with me.  I own some Ripka jewelry and love it.

However, isn't this supposed to be costume jewelry?   I know there is such a thing as Bridge Jewelry.  Is that what her jewelry on QVC should be called?

i just buy what i love and what i intend to wear. if you need a definition i found this one....... maybe there are OTHER definitions out there?

Fine jewelry is generally thought of as jewelry that uses at least 14 kt. Gold or other precious metals and precious gems like diamonds, sapphires, rubies or emeralds. Fine jewelry can be mass-produced or artisan-made one-of-a-kind pieces or limited-edition.

Costume jewelry can also be artisan-made or mass produced. Materials used in the designs are base metals, glass, plastic and other synthetics. They also may use shell, wood and other organic materials.

Bridge jewelry is called that because it is the bridge between Fine jewelry and Costume jewelry. It may use vermeil, gold filled or silver as the metal and uses semi precious stones such as amethyst, citrine, turquoise, jade, topaz, fresh water pearls, garnet and others. Much Bridge jewelry is artisan-made, but it can also be mass produced.

Of course other combinations such as using precious metals like 14k gold with amethyst are used and not so easily classified. Price points are another way to define the three types of jewelry with Fine jewelry as the most expensive and Costume jewelry as an inexpensive alternative. Bridge jewelry falls between these two on price.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/34957/jewelry/bridge_jewelry_the_affordable_alternative....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Or a Judith needs a new car?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Or a Judith needs a new car?

judith no longer owns the company. i assume she is being paid to do some designs and represent the company on air.

Honored Contributor

May is gold month and the May Insider features a double page of 14K jewelry.  One page has three JR items: a ring for $708, a pendant for $732 and a bracelet for $2428

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Wow...$800 goat pin.....

-------------------------------------------------

Huhhh?!?

dogs,gifs,goats,critters,funny

OMG ... I can't stop laughing!!!!!