Respected Contributor

Re: Joy Miracle Clean- hazardous?

I ordered the orange blossom set and received it a few days ago. I have allergies and most cleaning products make me cough and gag, but I did not have a problem with this product. I agree that it has a rather strong medicinal scent, but it did a great job cleaning both bathrooms and kitchen. I will be keeping my set.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I've bought a few things from Joy.  Her luggage was terrible.  The zippers didn't work right, and the wheels were awful.  The only thing I like of hers is her hangers.  I would never order anything else again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer

I should get mine Monday. Your post in encouraging. I really want to like the stuff. 

Respected Contributor

I got mine yesterday. I orderd Vanilla and it smells like Listerine mouthwash. I am sending back. I think this is going to be quite a problem for Joy's product. NOt sure if it is toxic but do not like the smell.

Trusted Contributor

Sent back immediately.  Absolutely nauseating smell.  I can't believe they actually marketed this on HSN. 

Trusted Contributor

@wakefield64

Others have said it smells like Listerine. When I searched for thymol Listerine came up so  that is probably what’s in Listerine.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@wakefield64

Others have said it smells like Listerine. When I searched for thymol Listerine came up so  that is probably what’s in Listerine.

@Tribesters

I just Googled it. Listerine does have Thymol in it.

Lister discovered thymola component found in essential oils, and a famousmouthwash was named after him—ListerineListerine contains several essential oil components: thymolmenthol, and eucalyptol.

Honored Contributor

Mail lady just brought mine. I opened the box but not the product yet. It's sitting on my kitchen counter.

Guess I will have to open 1 of the small bottles some time to see what it smells like & how well or not it works before I decide what to do with it.

My boxes are in the trash so guess I will get them back out until I check out the stuff.

I figured at the price it would not be worth it to return it but if HSN will waive return shipping if I don't like it I will return it.

I put it on AS so need to check it out in case I need to cancel that.

If I don't like it I'm not trying any of her other products.

Honored Contributor

Since there are so many good cleaners on the market and in my local markets and since I've always seen rather bad reviews for shopping channel "miracle" cleaners, I buy Seventh Generation and Method (along with some traditional cleaners) locally.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I ordered the orange blossom set and received it a few days ago. I have allergies and most cleaning products make me cough and gag, but I did not have a problem with this product. I agree that it has a rather strong medicinal scent, but it did a great job cleaning both bathrooms and kitchen. I will be keeping my set.

@catwhisperer

Thanks for your review. 

I’ll try mine out this weekend & I hope to get good results. 

I honestly can’t think of a single cleaner that I think smells good regardless of scent.