Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

2.5 million jobs added to the economy in May!  

The big question is are they good paying jobs?  Can people pay their bills without working 2 or 3 jobs?

Are they new jobs?

I think these are jobs people are going back to as more businesses reopen.

Respected Contributor

It's terrific news no matter how you look at it or spin it. More jobs is good news. We need some good news! 

Respected Contributor

Can't we all be happy about the numbers that came out today?   Good night.....

Respected Contributor

It's just a start, but any good news, these days, is more than welcomed -- and needed.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

2.5 million jobs added to the economy in May!  

The big question is are they good paying jobs?  Can people pay their bills without working 2 or 3 jobs?

Are they new jobs?

I think these are jobs people are going back to as more businesses reopen.

A couple of weeks ago, I applied for a newly created teaching position and was offered the job within an hour after I did the Zoom interview.  It will pay about $2000/year more than my other job.  I realize this may not be typical or part of the statistics, but I am so grateful and excited for this opportunity.

Honored Contributor

The fact that the news is so much better than what economic experts believed and predicted would be possible, in this pandemic-induced crisis, is so encouraging.  Clearly no one has an infallible crystal ball, but our resilience gives reason for rejoicing and hope.

Honored Contributor

I know a lot of new jobs are those who lost their businesses sadly esp small businesses or workers in large retail stores that have closed.

But Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, those still in operation are hiring a lot.

So though it may not make the salary for some, I'm glad there was something.

Still a bleak situation for businesses

that have had to close or those that just got started and were damaged due to violence.

It seems so many in our country are affected so differently from all of this.

We can't help feel for everyone.

Stay safe! Stay wellSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

very good news indeed.  

And there always has to be that one debby downer....

Honored Contributor

The goods and services people needed before Covid-19 will be needed afterward, so expect a very quick and full recovery. If we bring back more critical manufacturing, things could get even better than they were before. I don't think many people now support outsourcing critical items, so things could end up better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I'm going to say that the people that got those jobs are just feeling pretty blessed at this point.  If you have to wind up working 2 jobs or even 3 (which my husband does) again just having a paycheck will mean so much to those people.