Honored Contributor

I feel for Amazon, I really do.  Inundated with orders since the pandemic started. 

I placed an order several days ago for a pack of "fun" napkins,  1 pack of 20 napkins. I have ordered them before. I just received them. They sent me a sealed cellophane bag with FOUR sealed packs of napkins in it.  So, they sent 3 packs of napkins by mistake.  I was only charged for 1 pack.

The other day I received a package.  I had ordered a very inexpensive tote bag.  They sent me two tote bags, individually wrapped in cellophane, then in a larger sealed cellophane bag.  I was charged for 1 tote bag.

I am an honest person so I am going to online chat with them to see what they want me to do with these things that I didn't pay for. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

They'll probably tell you to keep them. Good on you for being honest. 

Honored Contributor

Just finished online chat x 2.

Keep the napkins, return the tote bag.  They're emailing me a prepaid UPS label. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I do feel for the workers at Amazon, but for Amazon overall and Amazon's stock holders, the pandemic is an absolute cash cow.   If anyone is curious, just Google Amazon's stock price over the last 6 months.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@gidgetgh I do feel for the workers at Amazon, but for Amazon overall and Amazon's stock holders, the pandemic is an absolute cash cow.   If anyone is curious, just Google Amazon's stock price over the last 6 months.

@millieshops -yes, it's the workers and delivery people getting all these extra orders delivered during a pandemic. 

Trusted Contributor

You mentioned Amazon and I just happened to receive in the mail today a $15.00 Amazon Credit IF I would give a '5 Star Review' for a particular item I recently purchased. Not only that, but they want me to take a Screenshot Shot' of this 5 Star Review and email it back to them in order to receive said "Credit."

Just rubbed me the wrong way, and am thinking...Is that even ethical? Makes me wonder how many people have given undeserved 5 Star Reviews for items just so they can receive an Amazon Credit.  🤔

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

You mentioned Amazon and I just happened to receive in the mail today a $15.00 Amazon Credit IF I would give a '5 Star Review' for a particular item I recently purchased. Not only that, but they want me to take a Screenshot Shot' of this 5 Star Review and email it back to them in order to receive said "Credit."

Just rubbed me the wrong way, and am thinking...Is that even ethical? Makes me wonder how many people have given undeserved 5 Star Reviews for items just so they can receive an Amazon Credit.  🤔

This is VERY wrong and I hope you passed it on to Amazon.   I don't believe that sellers are allowed to bribe customers for reviews.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

I've seen a message at the bottom of reviews on Amazon that says "reviewed for gift" or something similar. I've seen it on other retail sites.  One of them said something like "I'm telling the truth. I really like the product. "

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

Google "amazon policy on paid reviews," and you should see a link to their help page on customer reviews. From that page:

"The following are types of reviews that we don't allow and will remove:

• A review by someone who has a direct or indirect financial interest in the product.
  • A review by someone perceived to have a close personal relationship with the product's owner, author, or artist.
  • A review by the product manufacturer, posing as an unbiased shopper.
  • Multiple negative reviews for the same product from one customer.
  • A review in exchange for monetary reward.
  • A review of a game in exchange for bonus in-game credits.
  • A negative review from a seller on a competitor's product.
  • A positive review from an artist on a peer's album in exchange for receiving a positive review from them.

I would contact Amazon. AFAIC, the vendor has earned a neg and should be outed, because all of his/her 5-star ratings are now suspect. That's something potential buyers should know,  IMO.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I bought a kitchen faucet from a 3rd party from Amazon. I had a problem with it and wrote that in my review. I called them and my problem was an easy fix for me.

They said they would refund me $10 if I changed my review. I had no reason not to, and I accepted the refund. I see nothing wrong with what they did, or what I did.

A little different than the OP wrote, or is it? I think so!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)