Honored Contributor

Re: Jim Carrey's GF OD'd on HIS drugs

@Carmie wrote:

I don't understand the HIS drugs headline.

The drugs that were found next to her body are common prescribed drugs that MANY people have in their home.

I am caring for a family member in my ome who broke her hip back in July and I have these and even stronger drugs in my possession.

Jim Carrey is his alias.  HIs real name is James Eugene Redmond.  I don't see a problem with him using his real name or an alias to protect his privacy.

He is not at fault here unless he shoved the drugs down her throat, which there is no mention of him doing.

Prayers to JC and his ex-girlfriends family and friends.  May she be at peace now.

I think the "HIS" reference, is because they were JC's prescriptions written by his Dr. under one of his other aliases, not his real name, nor JC.

Most celebrities use different aliases for hotels, restaurants and many other scenarios including hospitals and pharmacies, to protect their privacy.

You can google it, some celebs have some funny ones!

I agree, not JC's fault. Sounds like she took them, not that he gave them to her. Why would he give her a BP med?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Wasn't there a celebrity who was caught using his maid to get more prescription drugs?  I think it's called Doctor Shopping

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

That's sad. But even though the drugs were his, her suicide isn't his fault and he shouldn't be blamed for her death. 

Agree.

I also think it's quite an invasion of Carrey's privacy to divulge the types of prescription drugs he was taking and the inference that he is somehow responsible for her death is sad too.

Tabloid news is always so mean-spirited and I wonder about the people who immediately want to think the worst of celebrities.

@mstyrion 1

I didn't infer he was responsible and I didn't really get that inference from the article either, but that's a matter of perception.

My main thought was that I hope this didn't make JC feel any worse about her death, not that he was responsible in any way.

Especially since he reportedly has depression issues, himself.

I've dealt a lot with severe depression with family members and once someone makes that decision, they'll find a way.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

I wonder if he'll ever date someone his own age. (No need to reply, just being rhetorical)...

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

That's sad. But even though the drugs were his, her suicide isn't his fault and he shouldn't be blamed for her death. 

Agree.

I also think it's quite an invasion of Carrey's privacy to divulge the types of prescription drugs he was taking and the inference that he is somehow responsible for her death is sad too.

Tabloid news is always so mean-spirited and I wonder about the people who immediately want to think the worst of celebrities.

@mstyrion 1

I didn't infer he was responsible and I didn't really get that inference from the article either, but that's a matter of perception.

My main thought was that I hope this didn't make JC feel any worse about her death, not that he was responsible in any way.

I've dealt a lot with severe depression with family members and once someone makes that decision, they'll find a way.

I understand, IG.

Another poster seemed to infer he was somehow to blame.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I don't understand the HIS drugs headline.

The drugs that were found next to her body are common prescribed drugs that MANY people have in their home.

I am caring for a family member in my ome who broke her hip back in July and I have these and even stronger drugs in my possession.

Jim Carrey is his alias.  HIs real name is James Eugene Redmond.  I don't see a problem with him using his real name or an alias to protect his privacy.

He is not at fault here unless he shoved the drugs down her throat, which there is no mention of him doing.

Prayers to JC and his ex-girlfriends family and friends.  May she be at peace now.

I think the "HIS" reference, is because they were JC's prescriptions written by his Dr. under one of his other aliases, not his real name, nor JC.

Most celebrities use different aliases for hotels, restaurants and many other scenarios including hospitals and pharmacies, to protect their privacy.

You can google it, some celebs have some funny ones!

I agree, not JC's fault. Sounds like she took them, not that he gave them to her. Why would he give her a BP med?

Propranolol is a beta blocker for HBP but is also used to control stage fright and tremors (shaky hands)

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Wasn't there a celebrity who was caught using his maid to get more prescription drugs?  I think it's called Doctor Shopping

@LyndaGee

I believe you may be thinking of Michael Jackson, who reportedly used his maid's name for his prescriptions, for privacy. He had his own Dr. on his payroll.

The term, "Dr. shopping', usually refers to going to mutliple Drs. for the same prescriptions, usually narcotics, etc.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking of a talk show host when I mentioned the Doctor Shopping.  I think he involved his maid, too.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I was thinking of a talk show host when I mentioned the Doctor Shopping.  I think he involved his maid, too.

Gotcha!

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

Agree.

@mstyrion 1

I understand, IG.

Another poster seemed to infer he was somehow to blame.

ITA @mstyrion 1.   Just the fact the original post has capitalized 'HIS' is enough to imply blame.   Many people will want to make out this girl is an innocent in all this, instead placing blame on a well-known celebrity.  Happens all the time....these very boards are filled with that sentiment.  So far this thread only has a couple blames....but the day is still young.