Honored Contributor

Re: Jim Carrey's GF OD'd on HIS drugs

It's highly likely the meds were at her home since he may have been staying there. These meds were a drug of opportunity for her to take.

No one wins in this situation.

I won't blame Mr. Carrey.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The OP's use of HIS in her title was pathetic, as is her even posting this information here.

First of all, we can all find out these things via news and social media.

Secondly, this is not anyone we are friends with or anyone from this forum. I don't know why the need to post this type of thing here is even warranted, or necessary. It's gossip.

Anyone who commits suicide is the ONLY person responsible for it even if you hand them the cause of death. It is their choice to use it or not.

It wasn't even necessary to state she used HIS pills if you just wanted to mention the death. It assumes possible guilt.

This entire thread is in bad taste to me. JMHO. I personally get tired of seeing these types of threads in a QVC forum for consumers.

Yes, I know...Ican skip it but that is just ignorant. I'd rather voice my opinion on it, like it or not.

Honored Contributor

I totally understand the aspect of famous people having their prescriptions written with fictitious names.  It's been done for ages.  It's not for the purpose of deceving because, as you can see here, they are easily trackable back to the actual patient.

It's done for privacy reasons.  You have them written out to a fictitious name, or the name of the person you have picking them up, so that you can maintain a level of privacy of your medical information.  

Anyway, I also agree with others that this wouldn't be his fault at all.  She most likely made the choice to grab them for the purpose she had in mind.

Respected Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Wasn't there a celebrity who was caught using his maid to get more prescription drugs?  I think it's called Doctor Shopping

Dr. Shopping is when a "patient" uses multiple doctors to get get (usually) controlled substances.   It's not as easy to do these days.  NYS has a database to check before prescribing controlled substances now.

I

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

I just read she  was married in LV in  2013. Not divorced.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Wasn't there a celebrity who was caught using his maid to get more prescription drugs?  I think it's called Doctor Shopping

@LyndaGee

I believe you may be thinking of Michael Jackson, who reportedly used his maid's name for his prescriptions, for privacy. He had his own Dr. on his payroll.

The term, "Dr. shopping', usually refers to going to mutliple Drs. for the same prescriptions, usually narcotics, etc.

If one isn't using an alias, it's hard to "Doctor shop" now.  Hospitals often talk to each other now via the computer and physicians can see what patients are taking even if they don't disclose it.

Even if hospitals are in different networks, they can still view medications patients are on in many instances.  It's very hard to get multiple prescriptions for painkillers, etc. due to the computers that are all "tied" together in some fashion to view history.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"