Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer WNBC4 New York

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@tarytoo wrote:

don't know if we're allowed to put in a link. this should take you to jill's segment. i think there is one segment ahead of hers. 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/shop-the-show-entertaining-for-the-holidays/2241448/

TY for the link. She doesn't look like she has had anything done to me...just looks refreshed and comfortable. I miss her.

The only thing different about her is she's clearly lost weight.  

@Lipstickdiva  I thought her facial skin looked exceptionally smooth, but that doesn't mean she had anything "done."   I did notice that though.

Honored Contributor

Good for her.  I think she's the only host who left to purse other projects who really and truly is doing bigger and better things!  Good for Jill, she deserves her success.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Good for her.  I think she's the only host who left to purse other projects who really and truly is doing bigger and better things!  Good for Jill, she deserves her success.

@chrystaltree   Nope. Mike Rowe went on to much bigger projects than Jill has.

Trusted Contributor

Just watched the link - thank you @tarytoo.

Great segment; great tips.  I used to catch the show every now and then when I lived in NY.  

Good for Jill.  I miss watching her on the Q; she's definitely moved on.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree   Nope. Mike Rowe went on to much bigger projects than Jill has.

Who the check is he?  I assume an old time host but I don't remember him so it must have been eons ago.    And what great and wonderful things did he move on to?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree  Early 90's I think.  Google him. He has hosted 2 TV series among other things. I remember him from the early days of QVC. He was known for is irreverent wit.

Respected Contributor

Jill "left to pursue other projects?" That's not what she *said* on air. Let's talk turkey. As another poster noted on another thread about JB, we now see that she wasn't being honest about the reason for her departure.

I always liked her, and felt she might have been on the receiving end of an attempt to jettison long-time employees. Certainly, no one would expect her to divulge, or discuss that, if true. So why say anything at all about the reason? Why lie?

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
Jill "left to pursue other projects?" That's not what she *said* on air. Let's talk turkey. As another poster noted on another thread about JB, we now see that she wasn't being honest about the reason for her departure.

I always liked her, and felt she might have been on the receiving end of an attempt to jettison long-time employees. Certainly, no one would expect her to divulge, or discuss that, if true. So why say anything at all about the reason? Why lie?

@Moonlady  She worked shift work at QVC. She left to spend time with family, especially baseball games with her son after school. 

Now she has no shift work and is home with her family. Daughter,son and husband are gone during the day so instead of sitting home by herself she does things when she wants to. She can be home for her son and husband after school and after work. works for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@Moonlady   I don't believe Jill lied.  She never said she was retiring.  She said she had plans and to follow her on her Facebook page to see what they were.  She said she wanted to spend more time with her family, and I'm sure she's able to do that with her new schedule.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The show is called New York Live it is shown at 11 30 am weekdays on NVC Channel 4, the host is Sara Gore

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.