Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy contestant Arthur Chu

I am going to miss him. Very rarely do you get a contestant with such a wide range of knowledge. I enjoyed watching him and I am kind of surprised at all the hate this guy got both from social media and here. I was so excited when they corrected his score before final Jeopardy and he then had the money to win, and then he got the question wrong. I was most definitely Team Arthur Chu.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I am going to miss him. Very rarely do you get a contestant with such a wide range of knowledge. I enjoyed watching him and I am kind of surprised at all the hate this guy got both from social media and here. I was so excited when they corrected his score before final Jeopardy and he then had the money to win, and then he got the question wrong. I was most definitely Team Arthur Chu.

I agree. He was certainly very knowledgeable and I thought he seemed like a nice young man. I never understood why so many people were against him. I was excited, too, when he actually had a chance to win again. Congrats to him for staying on so long!

Honored Contributor

Maybe he didn't feel well today and wasn't at his best.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

... I was most definitely Team Arthur Chu.

And isn't that the point? Don't most viewers (gasp!) root for one contestant over another?

I previously posted that I wasn't going to make inferences about his personality because he may well have been nervous, and I still think that. However, I do think he was extremely rude after he was ruled incorrect because of his pronunciation of the answer in the second-to-last show. I'm sure I'm not the only viewer who noticed his over-enunciation of his next response, which bordered on the ridiculous.

And enough with the "haters" c arp, directed at people who didn't happen to be on "team Arthur Chu."Wink

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I don't usually watch Jeopardy anymore because the questions seem dumbed down but I watched Arthur because of the controversy surrounding him. I didn't see anything to dislike about him; I thought he was great and I'm sorry he was eliminated.

Honored Contributor

Hallelujah! It will be nice to be able to enjoy watching Jeopardy again.

Respected Contributor

He seemed off last night. The winner was a tough opponent.

Respected Contributor

He did seem a little "off" last night & I was amused when he lost points for a mispronunciation, then exaggerated the pronunciation on a later question. Hey, overconfidence can trip you up. I do have to give him a lot of credit not only for the breadth of his knowledge, but his strategic skills in playing the game. So he walked away with almost $300k, good for him. Now it's someone else's turn to go for the big bucks. We'll see Arthur again sometime in one of those masters tournaments.