Regular Contributor

Yesterday I purchased an item from Amazon. I received it today.....shocking for sure. My problem, the item today is almost $8 cheaper. Does Amazon give refunds if the price is lower within 24 hours of purchase? If so, how do I go about contacting them?

Honored Contributor

I will be interested in hearing the answer to this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I don't know if they give refunds on past purchases. I'd like to get an answer, too.

I have noticed that when I'm just browsing, and I place items in my cart...I will get emails when I don't purchase the items, if the price drops.

Super Contributor

Yesterday on a Business channel they were saying that Amazon is going to start a new music download plan and they are going to increase their Prime to $119 a year. I probably won't subscribe to it if it goes that high. I hope they are just floating a trial balloon to see how their customers would react.

Honored Contributor
On 3/12/2014 Luv2Decorate said:

Yesterday on a Business channel they were saying that Amazon is going to start a new music download plan and they are going to increase their Prime to $119 a year. I probably won't subscribe to it if it goes that high. I hope they are just floating a trial balloon to see how their customers would react.

OK...now then they will price me right out of prime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Regular Contributor

Finally found the correct page with Help info. I did a live chat and will be refunded the amount of the price drop. If an item drops in price within 7 days, you can request a refund. Who knew!! I feel better now, since I paid over $150. Was shocked to see it drop in price.

Regular Contributor

LOL! I asked the CS person what would happen if the price dropped again. She said only one refund per item.

Respected Contributor
On 3/12/2014 anisa said:

Finally found the correct page with Help info. I did a live chat and will be refunded the amount of the price drop. If an item drops in price within 7 days, you can request a refund. Who knew!! I feel better now, since I paid over $150. Was shocked to see it drop in price.

Thanks for posting that info, anisa. I appreciate it.

Do you know if that is just for items sold by Amazon, or any item sold on Amazon?

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor
Good deal, anisa. That would upset me, too.
Regular Contributor
On 3/12/2014 Lion said:
On 3/12/2014 anisa said:

Thanks for posting that info, anisa. I appreciate it.

Do you know if that is just for items sold by Amazon, or any item sold on Amazon?

I don't know, Lion. My purchase was fulfilled by Amazon with Prime Shipping. I ordered late last night and it arrived today in less than 24 hours.