Honored Contributor

Jeopardy contestant Arthur Chu

The current Jeopardy champ is so unlikeable. He may be playing by the rules, but I don't like his playing style or smug attitude.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy contestant Arthur Chu

Really? I love him. He is playing smart and I see no smugness at all. I watch Jeopardy every single night and if I am not home I DVR it and he is one of my favorite players. He is quiet and non celebratory but I don't find that smug.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

I have not seen him...I will have to check it out.

Frequent Contributor

He is a no nonsense kind of guy focusing on winning. I don't think there is anything wrong with that but his personality leaves little to be desired.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a huge Jeopardy fan. I have tried out 3 times and passed the test but getting picked by their lottery system is one of luck. My dream is being a Jeopardy contestant.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I've been watching him on Jeopardy. I also saw an interview he did on one of the national channels and he said he is trying to win money for his family. I know he probably comes across as smug, but I've got to give it to him for being intelligent and taking advantage of playing the game so that he can make some $$$$$.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA. I saw him play tonight and turned to my DH and said ""I don't like him."" He seems really smug and full of himself.
Super Contributor

From what I have read online the Jeopardy producers and affiliates do not like the way he does not select starting with lowest $$. He looks for the highest amount s and daily doubles. Some of a ethical faux du paux.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/25/2014 nagrom said:

From what I have read online the Jeopardy producers and affiliates do not like the way he does not select starting with lowest $$. He looks for the highest amount s and daily doubles. Some of a ethical faux du paux.

I think that is smart! There is no rule on that is there so what's their beef?

Esteemed Contributor

TOn 2/25/2014 nagrom said:

That is a smart strategy. I have seen MANY other players do that in the past. He is far from the first.

He is no nonsense. I prefer him over some of the over dramatic hams I have seen in the past.

JFK