Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy contestant Arthur Chu

He's playing smart. What's wrong with that?

Esteemed Contributor

He is getting a lot of racist hate on social media that is for sure. Sad.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

He's sooo good! The jumping around the board can be annoying, but his strategy is extremely successful. Can't knock that!!!

Frequent Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

He is getting a lot of racist hate on social media that is for sure. Sad.

What is wrong with people?

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Chloe Piper said:
On 2/25/2014 nagrom said:

From what I have read online the Jeopardy producers and affiliates do not like the way he does not select starting with lowest $$. He looks for the highest amount s and daily doubles. Some of a ethical faux du paux.

I think that is smart! There is no rule on that is there so what's their beef?

exactly!!! i don't get it. he is beating them at their own game and people don't like it.

Super Contributor

I have seen him a couple of night's and each time have rooted for him because I found the other contestants annoying. What was with the woman in the see-through black outfit the other night? Everytime they came back from an ad break, she was exposing more skin. Wasn't too bright either. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I like the fact that he jumps around the board. Makes the show a lot more fun to watch. Hope he keeps on winning.

Valued Contributor

he's playing to win, not make friends. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I am a huge Jeopardy fan. I have tried out 3 times and passed the test but getting picked by their lottery system is one of luck. My dream is being a Jeopardy contestant.

I qualified for "College Week" Jeopardy many moons ago at the WTMJ studio in Milwaukee. There was a "lottery system" in play at that level also. But I did get a "Watch Jeopardy on WTMJ" t-shirt, Woo-hoo. I think I would have wilted under the presence of television lighting and the audience.

As for Mr. Chu, he has found a winning strategy within the framework of the rules. I think it's fun to watch the really great players. Remember Ken Jennings?

Honored Contributor

I can not stand him! He is so arrogant and obnoxious. I feel so sorry for all of the contestants who have to appear with him. I honestly think they should all be invited back and given another chance. I can't believe he holds down a real job, I don't know how anyone could work with him.

Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Love my grandkids said:

He's playing smart. What's wrong with that?

You seem to have a lot in common with him. Smug?