Honored Contributor

Joy Mangano is on HSN tonight. I have the sound muted of course. Thirty minutes with the facacta hangers (lol had to look up the spelling, not much good with Yiddish), and now Joy’s version of a cool mist diffuser/dehumidifier.

I love diffusers; I have one and use it every day. There are tons of them out there, of all shapes and sizes, most of them pretty/decorative, in all price ranges.

Hers are SO unattractive - huge, tacky shiny plastic in bright colors that would stand out like a sore thumb wherever you put them. She keeps running her hands over them and petting them; ick.  And they don’t take essential oils, they take those discs that she sells - that pretty much have no scent and are a waste of money. Her price for this monstrosity? $60.  Noooo thank you.

We’re on to her wondertowels now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

You must be watching in a trance, lol. I agree; diffusers should not stick out like sore thumbs and don't work better if you pet them. I have never bought anything from her, even back in the Q days, because her voice pierces my eardrums and off goes the TV.

Honored Contributor

Re: JOY Fresh Air

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

You must be watching in a trance, lol. I agree; diffusers should not stick out like sore thumbs and don't work better if you pet them. I have never bought anything from her, even back in the Q days, because her voice pierces my eardrums and off goes the TV.

I’ve bought the hangers (good but way more expensive than they need to be), some fragrance stuff (utter kwap), and the pillows, which I still love. But nothing else she’s ever hawked has tempted me in the slightest. And I cannot listen to her for more than 10 sec.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde Every time I see Joy she is selling those thin cotton towels.They look like low cost towels but she keeps saying they can be washed with bleach and not fade,they are super soft,oversized and dry well...a couple of times she almost had me (especially when she said the towels don't take up a lot of space...no kidding they are really thin!)but I managed to stay strong.

Honored Contributor

My concern would be the chemicals used to manufacture the "scents".

What a waste, too, in landfills.

Sorry I alway go for the environmental impact. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Speaking of diffusers -- I love Katie Borghese's brand called Casa di Francesca.  They used to be on HSN.  You can order directly from her website.  Usually around Christmas she offers 30%.  They smell so natural and not artificial.

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

Speaking of diffusers -- I love Katie Borghese's brand called Casa di Francesca.  They used to be on HSN.  You can order directly from her website.  Usually around Christmas she offers 30%.  They smell so natural and not artificial.

Thanks, @henderson. I have a supply of essential oils now but I’ll keep those in mind.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Moonchilde Every time I see Joy she is selling those thin cotton towels.They look like low cost towels but she keeps saying they can be washed with bleach and not fade,they are super soft,oversized and dry well...a couple of times she almost had me (especially when she said the towels don't take up a lot of space...no kidding they are really thin!)but I managed to stay strong.

@dex, lol. Yes, she went on and on about the towels but since I had the sound off... ;-)

I’m a firm believer in if it seems too good to be true, it is.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@henderson wrote:

Thanks, @henderson. I have a supply of essential oils now but I’ll keep those in mind.

I like her diffusers too.Agree they don't smell artificial.