Valued Contributor

Had contact with friend from school

I am old enough that we called it  jr high and high school and we spent lots of time together. Sleep overs and pizza parties, school dances. Could go on and on She sent me a message on facebook a couple of weeks ago and we decided it would be fun to get together. We havent had contact for probably 35 or more years. So I went to the restaurant. I waited 30 min. (Don't have her number since we have just connected again). And I don't have internet at home, only work right now. I sent her a message today. She replied "OH! I totally forgot. i had such a busy weekend". I laughed by butt off-she is still the same air head as she was. We are going to get together sometime and I will get her number. I wasn't mad or surprised when she didnt show up.

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Had contact with friend from school

Wow, you are a nicer person than I am.  I wouldn't want to reconnect with a person who obviously wasn't really interested in reconnecting with me.  Sorry, "I forgot" is not acceptable under circumstances like that.  However, that's just me.  

Honored Contributor

You're a kind soul, @cookinfreak. I can't say that I wouldn't have been quite annoyed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How sad this person has not grown since high school days...she's not an airhead, she's thoughtless. You are a kind person to excuse her behavior.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought that always being an hour or two late was bad (I know a few peeps)..........but not showing up at all is even worse.  Sorry this happened to you.   Next time, remind her the night before, and also early the next morning.  Some folks seem to 'forget' a lot now-a-days.  Maybe taking sleeping pills interferes with their memories?  Or perhaps other meds that reduce their inhibitions?,  to the point when they just don't care.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

She made the first contact with you and then stood you up?!!!!  Let us know how your next date goes.

Honored Contributor

That's great that you reconnected and that you have an open enough heart to realize people aren't perfect. Good for you. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if I'd give her a second chance anytime soon. She obviously didn't make you a priority.

You sat there waiting for 30 minutes plus your drive time. That would make me mad!

Esteemed Contributor

File that one under 'This is not acceptable.'  The first time you were nice and made an exception for a thoughtless person. Second time? -- You'll label yourself as a door mat. Sorry to be so forthright. I've learned the hard way over the years. I'm a kind person but will never go back to being a punching bag. I love my life now! Good luck to you.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

You blocked out the time from your regular routine to meet her at a restaurant. You likely spent some extra time with your hair and make-up and what you were wearing. Then you drove to the restaurant and waited for her. She is thoughtless and inconsiderate. I would probably read an e-mail in the future and take her calls if you want to chat, but I would not waste my time trying to meet up with her in person. You can see her pictures and read posts on Facebook. That would be it for me.