Honored Contributor

Re: JC Penney Customer Racist Rant

@saltysails wrote:

I think when lines are really long, the lady should have asked to go ahead to her friend.  I do not think it was correct to go on ahead.  I do feel sorry for the lady that got mad.  She must have been having a rough day, maybe she was also having some physical issues.  I have had times where my body ached, while standing in line and if I had someone cut in front of me at that time, I would also have been really mad. 

Feel sorry for her?She felt entitled to speak like that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I am sorry. I agree she was racist. 

If she wanted to politely adomish them for whatever wrong she perceived them to do..that is up to her she could of did so politely... but she was disgusting.

That said, several years ago I was in Walmart line and the couple in front of me had stuff on the conveyor belt. I put a divider down and put my stuff down. Meanwhile before I got that far, a lady's credit card was denied and they canceled her sale. She went and got cash and thought she should just go to the front of the line awhile later. The couple in front of me had no issue but myself and everybody else did. We were polite and said that since her transaction was canceled and she took her items with her and left than she should wait back in the line.

The couple in front of me went off on ME..out of about eight people who said the same thing.  He then kept it up and up..telling his wife to give me a business card of her therapist as obviously I need help. I said nothing at first and just let him rant as he looked foolish not me.

He then started that he didn't like me since I stood behind him and I put the divider down as to him I was rushing and pushing him. I said absolutely not - you had plenty of room between your items and the divider.  He then said I moved their cart when I bent over into my cart and I said I didn't realize it and wasn't my intention. He just kept it up and up...going on harassing me. I ignored him the best I could. People in line told him he was out of line and to shut up..they wanted to get out of there.

Finally they pay and leave.. The Cashier apologized and I said it certainly wasn't her fault the actions and behavior of other customers but I appreciate her saying that.

I get out to the car and low and behold the couple is parked right behind me...he starts running his mouth even more.  I had enough...told him he was a disgrace to even be speaking to a women like that, much less anybody that he was using the most filthy vulgar language.... He then gets in his truck backs out almost up to my car..and screamed at the top of his lungs "GO BACK TO IRAQ  YOU IRAQUIAN.." Seriously? In the summer I am outside a lot and by the pool so I get a darker skin tone. So he must of been a major racist.

You would of thought as a nation of people we have evolved more than we have apparently.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

An individual adding to an order when another person is being checked out happens all the time with any number of people of different races, ethnicities, and so on.  The rant was racist and the ranter felt empowered, for whatever reason to behave in that manner.  My initial inclination would have been to defend the two women.  However, the reality is that I am not certain I would intervene because of all of the individuals that carry weapons and the "stand your ground" argument so many use effectively to kill others. 

@Zernia Rose - That is exactly what I thought too. 
Honored Contributor

I often wonder if there is ANY forum on the planet any longer where people allow their emotions to not get the better of them. Where common sense can dictate instead of revenge.

In this thread alone, members suggest:

*men to beat up a woman because of VERBAL garbage

*that ADULTS have the right to scare/harass CHILDREN because another adult is going to hold a political office.

Really people? I'm outta here. See ya.

Honored Contributor

saltysails wrote:

I think when lines are really long, the lady should have asked to go ahead to her friend.  I do not think it was correct to go on ahead.  I do feel sorry for the lady that got mad.  She must have been having a rough day, maybe she was also having some physical issues.  I have had times where my body ached, while standing in line and if I had someone cut in front of me at that time, I would also have been really mad. 

I don't know  -  I've had some pretty horrible days in my life and it has never turned me into a raging racist.  Honestly, I can only think that this episode (well, a manufactured episode in her mind) just shows us who she actually is.

As has already been clarified, one of the items that the customer at the counter had was the wrong size so her friend ran to get the right size for her.   Nobody did anything to anybody - until the racist spouted off.

Super Contributor

Sorry but no aches, pains or bad day excuse what that out of control, ignorant racist old woman did.  Zero excuses.  and if the person doing the transaction had been, say, another old white woman, or a middle-aged guy in cammo pants and a John Deere cap, or anybody else she considers in HER demographic, she would've kept her trap shut.  But she -- like so many other of those people -- think there are cohorts who are beneath her and thus undeserving of civility.  Let's face it. 

furthermore it's been established that the customer was NOT line cutting, she had gone back to quickly exchange the size of an item the paying customer was purchasing.  Have you never ever sent a companion to grab one last thing from the supermarket shelves as you conducted your transaction, or otherwise held up a line in any way? 

We all see elderly women like the racist who can't even open their purses till the cashier announces the total, instead of having their payment at the ready.   Or people who don't start filling out a check or looking for coupons until the transaction is nearly done.  I really don't see where someone making a mad dash for another item and getting back while the cashier was still in the process of rining up is anything to complain about.

Honored Contributor

It looks as though the decades of abuse of social services added to recent border problems have fed this fire.

Respected Contributor

Bet that Racist Ranter goes to church every Sunday too....

Too bad the two women didn't turn calmly and say:

"Why don't YOU go back to your barnyard with all the other fat bawling cattle you fat old bag..."

(no disrespect meant to cattle!)

Super Contributor

Social services?  oh please! More white people are on welfare and other dole than people of color, by a longshot.  And staes like Kentucky where the ignorant racist woman is from is No 10 out of 50 of states in terms of residents dependent on federal government handouts -- and its residents are 88 percent white, according to the census bureau.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

You would be a lot safer to assume the old racist woman is on the dole than to assume the darker-skinned women at the till are taking handouts, believe me. 

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It is the 'holidays' and folks loose patience.  I don't know what is racist about it though.  Where I live in the So CA, the hispanic population has exploded and mostly because they are here illegally.  Now, over in their countries they do have lines and know it is customary to stand in lines.  That person should know that and not feign ignorance.  The woman who mouthed off was just doing that.  She may not be the racist labeled.  She may donate money and time to charities and the like who help many of all backgrounds. 

Try looking at the video, if you do; you might want to re-think your odd response.