Honored Contributor

I own several pieces of JAI and John Hardy's upper end line and the pieces are superb.  I hope that JAI wll continue on with the quality and not let it decline (thinking of two other Q brands).  I love the animal pieces but also look forward to more feminine designs....  love this brand.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I actually don't like heavy metals hanging around my neck or wrist. Too uncomfortable. I think the similar Bali designs look just as good, if not better, hold up, and are not nearly as expensive. Perhaps the JAI prices are justifiable by the gram weight -- I don't know for sure -- but no one can tell any difference in gram weight just by looking at a piece. 

I miss Suarte's line.... and her dancing.

Honored Contributor

I believe it was another Q vendor that I'm not familiar (with), but last night I ran across a stainless steel stacked ring set with small diamonds.  I thought I was seeing things when I saw the price.  'Way too much' for SS, imo.  Well, way too much for me, anyway.   Liked the design of the set, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I saw it too.  The line is called Alor;  available at high end stores so they said.  They kept stressing that the pieces are handmade and very high quality.  Although several pieces had diamonds in them, no weight was ever given.  I assume they are accents, however, the prices were quite high for stainless.

Honored Contributor

Re: JAI vs JAI John Hardy

[ Edited ]

GrandmaR:  Yes, no carat weight was given and they are described as accents.  'Just to be fair',  the one band in the middle is 18 carat white gold, the accents on the top.    Nice design, though.  I'm thinking a good idea to 'copy' the look would be to purchase several textured stainless steel stacking bands, and then place a Diamonique semi-eternity band in the middle!  (A Diamonique band with small-ish stones.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I was wondering the same thing.  I have a few pieces from both JAI and JH, and there are some differences.  I like the JAI pieces I bought from QVC, but the last two I just recently got came packaged in a plastic baggie in a white cardboard QVC box!!!  All of the previous items were wrapped in jewelry tissue in a green felt drawstring bag in a nice, green JAI box...excellent for storage or gifting of quality pieces.  Anyone else??  Hopefully this is not their intention going forward.  I know it may be a minor detail, but considering there are numerous outlets from which to buy really good Bali jewelry, this made the JAI line stand out a little. 😊

Honored Contributor

I like the croco line, I have the ring and the charm I just got the other day. I put it on a Tulang Naga chain I bought from Suarti years ago and I just love it. I like the idea of how the crocs protect and care for their young.