Esteemed Contributor

So I'm assuming that the John Hardy component of this line is gone.  Is Scott Grimes the head of JAI?  I still think the prices are too high.  Several lines of artisan crafted or Bali designed jewelry are just as nice.

Honored Contributor

started my collection of this like about a year and a half ago. the quality is superb, the pieces are weighty, and the designs are beautiful. i buy something almost every time scott is on the air and keep looking for great pricing and deals by checking frequently online. a wonderful addition to the qvc jewelry family .

i cannot answer your question as to whether or not they are still under the john hardy umbrella or not, but it doesnt matter to me as long as i am finding items that i love.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor
  1. I was going to purchase the jai bracelet with pave sapphire clasp but realized the mesh isn't the woven tulang naga like JOHN hardy uses. In fact, Scott said he used the same mesh Tiffany uses. I love the Tiffany mesh but it stretches out ( at least in the silver I own) so opted not to get it.  I instead ordered a similar Samuel b except the pave isn't in the clasp but rather a separate piece. I only own a couple JOHN hardy pieces and I prefer them to the jai I've seen. I am thinking it is because jh is more artisan crafted and jai uses more mass production. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure tulang naga etc are still hand woven. I'd love to hear from someone with knowledge on the topicSmiley Happy. From watching the shows I think the only connection between jai and jh is Scott use to work at JOHN HARDY
Respected Contributor

I've not purchased anything from the Jai line, mostly because I already have many Bali designed pieces that I love from other vendors (mostly Samuel B on Evine and Bali Designs on HSN).  Most of the cuff style bracelets I have are plenty heavy enough for my tiny, boney wrists and arms.  I normally have paid from $99-$199 for my bracelets.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: JAI vs JAI John Hardy

[ Edited ]

I own a few John Hardy pieces. I listened very carefully when Scott was on with Jill last month. What I heard was:

1) Scott Grimes works for John Hardy Designs. He is still employed by John Hardy Designs.

2) The line is no longer called JAI John Hardy due to customer complaints about the name. They felt that it made their John Hardy pieces CHEAPER by having the JAI name attached to it. To ME, this excuse is all about SNOBBERY and being PRETENTIOUS over the "name". 

I ordered a few pieces and LOVE them. I wear them all together and they look almost identical. If you do the research on the line, what the name means and how/why it was started, I think it's a great idea. No complaints.

Edited for grammar.

Respected Contributor

The jewelry is weighty and beautiful.  Classic designs that are elevated and everyday wearable.  Absolutely love this line of jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I always thought JAI was part of John Hardy as a collection especially for QVC at lower prices.  I'm not into the crocodile rings or cuffs but everyone has different taste.  John Hardy prices are very, very high.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

While there are some attractive pieces, I haven't been impressed with this line, especially upon seeing it in person. I think the previous Angela for John Hardy line seemed a higher quality.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Although I ordered a couple of bracelets during his appearance the other day, I wish he would bring back a more feminine take on the jewelry rather than animals.  Personally, I do not want to wear elephant, crocodile or snake jewelry.  Jai jewelry, however, is still beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@Cindipup wrote:

Although I ordered a couple of bracelets during his appearance the other day, I wish he would bring back a more feminine take on the jewelry rather than animals.  Personally, I do not want to wear elephant, crocodile or snake jewelry.  Jai jewelry, however, is still beautiful!

@Cindipup

have you tried his box chain pieces? never thought i would go for a simple box chain look, but they are beautiful. i plan on collecting more AND am waiting for a 2 inch hoop.

you can follow scott on facebook also. he is great at responding and listening to suggestions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein