Super Contributor

Re: It was okay when I stepped away to listen and watch

The majority of African Americans today weren't alive during the 60s and none of them were slaves. We need to stop thinking of ourselves as our ancestors. I didn't walk the Trail of Tears ... African Americans today were never in chains.

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 SnowPink said:

The majority of African Americans today weren't alive during the 60s and none of them were slaves. We need to stop thinking of ourselves as our ancestors. I didn't walk the Trail of Tears ... African Americans today were never in chains.

Not a reason to ignore today's injustices.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 NoelSeven said:

Not a reason to ignore today's injustices.

Agreed. That was my point.

Esteemed Contributor

The majority of Jews today weren't alive during the Holocaust either. Should they stop thinking of themselves as their ancestors ?