Valued Contributor

My goodness I am overwhelmed by all the kind and compassionate and well wishing responses. I am so very glad I decided to post. I am having a wonderful time and it's only been a couple days.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiperWhat a beautiful post. I take care of my Mom too. Fashion for me and for her helps us both. I've found that on the worst day it boosts my spirits to look the best I can. I love picking out cute clothes for her, she is always stylin.

Good for you for treating yourself, your Mom would be so happy and proud.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 One regret I have is that I didn't find QVC until after mom passed. I find myself thinking, oh I would have bought that for mom or mom would have loved this. 

After having said that, I am trying real hard to think about all our shopping trips and all the fun we had, especially shopping for bathing suits. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper I understand, but no need for regrets about that. It's a way of your Mom loving you, to love yourself and treat yourself. I love your memories of shopping trips and bathing suits. Hope they make you smile.

I love your quote in your signature too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to the Q. And I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Mom. Sending prayers your way.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

BTW, do you have a lap dog?

@ChiliPepper  I do not at this time. 

I do have a back dogSmiley Happy  As she presses up against my back.  LOL!