Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Quse wrote:

Seems like a few Chambers of Commerce are filling the marketing coffers for ranking...lol

The cities in the state I live in are not all that exciting, yet are ranked higher than ones well known for ....well...everything really.

Unfortunately I live in a resort town, as my husband grew up here...I wish it were a little less "fun" in the summer when I'm trying to get to the grocery store through a sea of waddling looky loos......

@Quse

What did you think of your state's ranking?

@just bee State's ranking seems ok.. I probably would rank it higher, as a state, overall, as you can pretty much find anything you want to do...from culture to food to sports to...whatever. Some people say the weather is a drawback, but I love it...

Hard to say with a totally subjective "rank". It's going to be different depending on who you ask...

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Wisconsin, yes.  My town, no.

@deepwaterdotter

When I was a kid in Chicago, the Dells and Lake Geneva were fun. Heart

Wisconsin = 21.

The Dells and Lake Geneva are still great fun, but all the towns from Milwaukee to Chicago along Lake Michigan are great in the summer.  There are more festivals, markets, bike rides, and other activities than you could possibly attend during the summer.  

Honored Contributor

If you're active, Florida is fun. There's the beach, the pool, golf, fishing, swimming, taking walks, shopping, outdoor art and boat shows. There are tons of restaurants, libraries, some museum, tourist theme parks and attractions, nightclubs, zoos, cruises, carnivals and fairs. There's skin diving, The Everglades and Miccosukee Village. There's gardening, home shows, other trade fairs. There's a cultural mix and cultural fairs. It's even fun just staying home with friends and family. There's fossil hunting and fossil river trips in the center of the state. This place is a tropical paradise. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Weird list!  I've visited and/or lived in a lot of those cities ... it wasn't much "fun"!

Nothing beats my hometown!  New York, New York!

You got that right @ALRATIBA.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

There is no place in the world like a free Concert in Central Park

A ride on the Staten Island Ferry (free)

$2.75 can take you all over the city and you can't finish it in a day.  Though, you'd have to come out to check out neighborhoods; if you know how you can visit many neighborhoods with just one fare.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

My state is in the 30s but I just bring the fun with me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

My state is in the 30s but I just bring the fun with me!

There ya go @GenXmuse!  Love it......

*Call Tyrone*
Regular Contributor

FUN is relative to each individual.

Virginia is rated LOW on the list and I'm ok with it. For me at least, it fits.