Honored Contributor

I was driving home from work the other morning, listening to local talk radio, and they were discussing WalletHub’s recent list of the “most fun states.”

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-fun-states/34665/

I nearly crashed the car when I heard New Mexico came in at number 18.  The list is a hoot. 

So where’s your state on the list?  Don’t feel pressured to reveal personal information.  You can simply agree or disagree with your state’s ranking, or you can make a case for why it is or why it isn’t fun.

There’s also a list of “most fun cities” on their site.  Albuquerque’s 56 out of 150. 

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-fun-cities-in-the-us/23455/

Perhaps we need to define the word “fun.” Woman Wink      

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

78?  Wow, we need to work on that ranking.  I would have thought we'd have been a little better.  That's what I get for thinking. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Chicago's 81? 

I competely disagree. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Chicago's 81? 

I competely disagree. 

@Bri36

Illinois is 16 on the state list.  That was surprising.  (Chicago's my hometown.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

78?  Wow, we need to work on that ranking.  I would have thought we'd have been a little better.  That's what I get for thinking. Smiley Wink

@Preds

I agree!  My city's more fun than your city?

Respected Contributor

@just bee, I'm surprised too

🤔

Honored Contributor

Well, that explains it.  Y'alls cities are more fun because y'all are there.  Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Salt Lake City is more fun than Atlanta???

You are correct, define FUN

@just bee

Honored Contributor

I saw the map. They need to visit northern lower Michigan. Wow, that was a misstep! Then I looked at S. Dakota. Another misstep. Didn't read who did this, but, take it with a grain of salt evidentally. USA is major on places to see and visit! Wonderful country.

Honored Contributor

I can't read the article, I don't click on unknown links but I live in the Boston area.  My town is a lovely little colonial type town, close to the water and it has everything that I think of as fun.  Boston, of course, is tourist mecca and we do go into the city for interesting restaurants, theatre, museums, art galleries or to just walk around.  My town, my city, my state, my region....there's everything for everyone.  New Mexico is actually on my bucket list for places I want visit, hubby and I talk about it every year when we make our vacation plans but something else always pushes it out.