Honored Contributor

I'm another one who isn't sure what "fun" means.  Is where I live beautiful and popular among tourists?  Yes!  I can easily answer that question.  It seems most people seek out natural beauty over fun.  I see Las Vegas is #1 in fun.  I've never been there and have no desire to visit.

Honored Contributor

The criteria they used isn't necessarily things I'd consider all that fun. I know for sure my idea of fun and the masses is completely different. I like it that way too because that means wherever I live, most people wouldn't necessarily like and therefore wouldn't move there. To me, fun is being out in nature with peace and quite and as far away from crowds and "night life" as possible. For example  I love the beach but I don't like crowded beaches with hundreds of other people. Different strokes for different folks.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

MN was listed as #12, does not surprise me, there is always something to do here, we have a wide variety of activities to do whatever the season!

I love MN too. I really miss our summer vacations there. So many wonderful memories. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

The criteria they used isn't necessarily things I'd consider all that fun. I know for sure my idea of fun and the masses is completely different. I like it that way too because that means wherever I live, most people wouldn't necessarily like and therefore wouldn't move there. To me, fun is being out in nature with peace and quite and as far away from crowds and "night life" as possible. For example  I love the beach but I don't like crowded beaches with hundreds of other people. Different strokes for different folks.

Yes!  although our beaches and parks can be quite crowded on weekends and during the peak season, I know when to visit....usually early mornings are quiet, and that suits me.(also Tues-Thurs)

You couldn't pay me enough to go someplace like Las Vegas, which to me means noise, crowds, and cigarette smoking everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is your city/state fun?

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I was driving home from work the other morning, listening to local talk radio, and they were discussing WalletHub’s recent list of the “most fun states.”

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-fun-states/34665/

I nearly crashed the car when I heard New Mexico came in at number 18.  The list is a hoot. 

So where’s your state on the list?  Don’t feel pressured to reveal personal information.  You can simply agree or disagree with your state’s ranking, or you can make a case for why it is or why it isn’t fun.

There’s also a list of “most fun cities” on their site.  Albuquerque’s 56 out of 150. 

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-fun-cities-in-the-us/23455/

Perhaps we need to define the word “fun.” Woman Wink      

I live in New Jersey.  I find it difficult to believe NYC is only # 121.  NYC is, after all, the City that never sleeps.  That Newark NJ made the list at all is incredible.  Don't know anyone that would call Newark "fun".  Jersey City, NJ  is definitely better than Newark so it shouldn't have ranked lower IMHO.  

@Boehm Collector

For what it's worth, New York is number 5 on the state list.  I love NYC, but just a little less now that Carnegie Deli is gone.

NYC's ranking was probably low because they were looking at affordable fun.

For me, just walking down a street in that city is fun.  And, boy, did we walk.

Hi @just bee .. I just checked the list again.  Number 5 on the list I am looking at is Salt Lake City UT.   NYC is definitely number 121.  I think we are looking at two different lists.  You are looking at the list of states.  I am looking at the list of cities.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I was driving home from work the other morning, listening to local talk radio, and they were discussing WalletHub’s recent list of the “most fun states.”

I nearly crashed the car when I heard New Mexico came in at number 18.  The list is a hoot. 

So where’s your state on the list?  Don’t feel pressured to reveal personal information.  You can simply agree or disagree with your state’s ranking, or you can make a case for why it is or why it isn’t fun.

There’s also a list of “most fun cities” on their site.  Albuquerque’s 56 out of 150. 

I live in New Jersey.  I find it difficult to believe NYC is only # 121.  NYC is, after all, the City that never sleeps.  That Newark NJ made the list at all is incredible.  Don't know anyone that would call Newark "fun".  Jersey City, NJ  is definitely better than Newark so it shouldn't have ranked lower IMHO.  

@Boehm Collector

For what it's worth, New York is number 5 on the state list.  I love NYC, but just a little less now that Carnegie Deli is gone.

Hi @just bee .. I just checked the list again.  Number 5 on the list I am looking at is Salt Lake City UT.   NYC is definitely number 121.  I think we are looking at two different lists.  You are looking at the list of states.  I am looking at the list of cities.  

@Boehm Collector

Yes, I was looking at the state list and posted that New York was at 5 on the state list.  I thought the 5 rating would be some consolation.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like my state isn’t much fun (lol) but I think it is; lots of natural beauty as well as entertainment.  I’ve traveled cross-county a couple of times and seen various states, not as many as I’d like.  I think each state has its own beauty.   I suppose the fun part is in the eye of the beholder.  As others have mentioned, I have more fun out in nature. 

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Boehm Collector

@Boehm Collector

Yes, I was looking at the state list and posted that New York was at 5 on the state list.  I thought the 5 rating would be some consolation.

Yes, @just bee  # 5 is way better than 121!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I can't read the article, I don't click on unknown links but I live in the Boston area.  My town is a lovely little colonial type town, close to the water and it has everything that I think of as fun.  Boston, of course, is tourist mecca and we do go into the city for interesting restaurants, theatre, museums, art galleries or to just walk around.  My town, my city, my state, my region....there's everything for everyone.  New Mexico is actually on my bucket list for places I want visit, hubby and I talk about it every year when we make our vacation plans but something else always pushes it out.  

I love love love Boston, and all of Massachusetts!!!! My sister went to college there and ended up living right outside of Boston for many years, 1st in Cambridge, then in Newton, and I used to visit her quite often, and we would go to the Cape, it is just gorgeous!!!!!!I love your state!

Respected Contributor

Newark? really of all the places in NJ they pick Newark? Not a very accurate list.