Honored Contributor

Re: Is your Sears or Kmart closing? Here's the list

Both K-Marts and Sears stores are closing in our state.  Smiley Sad

DH says that before long all that will be left is "WallyWorld."  He may be right.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Nothing in my area is closing. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Canada.  Sears has been given approval to liquidate all of their stores and are going through the process now.  A lot of long service employees have been left without a pension which is really sad.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Yep....I used to run to this K Mart because it was close......

It became dirty and sloppy....so I guess it isn't a surprise..

Honored Contributor

Our Sears is not on the list which surprises me.

On any given day you can pass by I think the only cars in the parking lot are those belonging to the employees.  It's been like that for years.

Respected Contributor

I'm in N. VA and our K Marts and our Sears when I lived rural had gone through some major changes over the past 5 years.  At one point they combined and the store was called Sears Essentials, the name changed to something else after that and then it closed for good.  I moved and here the local K-Mart got axed their last go around the beginning of the year.  

When I lived rural they'd have small Sears storefronts that contained a small representation of what was on sale throughout the different seasons but those are all gone as well and the only Sears left here are in the malls.  

Respected Contributor

There is no K-Mart here.

And, Sears, well I have not even been in a Sears for about 7 to 8 years at the least - they were not on the list - but, seriously- even back then there was hardly anyone shopping outside of the appliance department.

And, now people go to a Best Buy or Lowes for appliances. And, also men for their tools and things.

-Texas Hill Country-
Contributor

Unfortunately, our nearest K-Mart store burned down in the recent Tubbs fire here in Sonoma County, CA.  Our local Sears store is not on the closing list yet.  We just purchased a new Kenmore washer and dryer from our Sears store in August, and have  always purchased the Kenmore brand major appliances. Hope our Sears stays open.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

There is no K-Mart here.

And, Sears, well I have not even been in a Sears for about 7 to 8 years at the least - they were not on the list - but, seriously- even back then there was hardly anyone shopping outside of the appliance department.

And, now people go to a Best Buy or Lowes for appliances. And, also men for their tools and things.

@CAMOGIRL  Women buy tools too🙂

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naneen wrote:

Unfortunately, our nearest K-Mart store burned down in the recent Tubbs fire here in Sonoma County, CA.  Our local Sears store is not on the closing list yet.  We just purchased a new Kenmore washer and dryer from our Sears store in August, and have  always purchased the Kenmore brand major appliances. Hope our Sears stays open.

I am with you - always bought Kenmore appliance over the years bc I never had issues with those.     

I reno'd my kitchen to be able to sell and bought all 4 kitchen appliances during a Sears Memorial Day sale 4 appliance bundle.  My home belongings went to storage while I was in an apt and new home built.  I tried Goodwill, Salvation Army, churches, missions, etc  who often relocated displaced/homeless and none of them would take any of the still working appliance or my washer/dryer. Being single I would not advertise "free stuff" available to pickup at my home.  Luckily my lawn guys had a huge warehouse on their rural property that they stored all their lawn stuff and they often took ppl's older stuff there just for anyone they found might need it.   They said they would advertise it free to good home and someone could pick it up from them.  I hope someone was able to use the washer/dryer bc neither appliance ever let me down.