Honored Contributor

Re: Is your Sears or Kmart closing? Here's the list

Well cwap....  our K-Mart went out of business last year and I knew something was up with our Sears and now I know. 

That's too bad.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Our KMart closed but our Sears in the mall is not on that list.

I believe the Auto Center there gets a ton of business.  I always see lots of cars.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Oh boy, one of our Sears stores is closing and it sort of tugs at my heart strings.  It's a landmark store downtown.  It's been there since at least 1940.  My dad used to take me there to buy clothes when I was a kid.  I took my kids there to buy their clothes.  I bought all my appliances at that store.   Nothing but fond memories of that store.

But not many people go downtown anymore.  And the area is now ghetto.

The KMart not far from my house closed last year and it still stands empty.  They've sold part of the parking lot into parcels and a new CVS is being built.

Esteemed Contributor

Both our Sears and Kmart have closed last year here in PA. The mall that they were in is set to be demolished soon.    

So sad. I miss shopping there and walking thru the mall. When my daughter was little I bought alot of things for her at Kmart. Good memories.

Honored Contributor

the sears and kmart that are closest to me are NOT closing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I didn't look at that list because it makes no difference to me. I don't shop at either store...haven't in a very, very long time.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @SeaMaiden for posting this list.

Our K-Mart closed in September after being open for 50 years. Our Sears store in the mall is slowly going down hill. They closed the auto dept quite a few months ago and since they sold out their Craftsman brand it just seems to be a slow death. The store was not on the list, but I fear it won't be long.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't even know there was still a Kmart near me, but I guess it's closing anyway.  The last time I stepped foot in one was probably about 20 years ago.

Does anyone remember the Blue Light Specials?  LoL  I think I would've been trampled during one of those around the holidays had I not been sitting in a cart.

There was a little diner in Kmart when I was a kid.  I'm not even sure I was old enough to attend school when they got rid of that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Maybe I missed one but it looks like Washington’s stores are safe for now.  

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of Southern states listed w/few Northern middle ones; but none in my state.  Have a K-Mart 3-4 miles away and I haven't been in that store in 40 years.  Got fed up with 14 check-out lanes and one person working.  I said good-bye and never looked back.