Super Contributor

Re: Is there anyone who really LIKES this forum?

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:
I don't know what the dots are for either

@dex   The dots are to edit your post.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

I am still looking for ONE thing to like about this format. Even basic things are lacking.

It won't even keep me signed in. I hate having to sign in every time I come here. That is not a problem with any other site I frequent. 

Still have to scroll all over looking for the last post I read. HATE that. Not even an option to go to the most recent post. That was annoying on the old board but it was better than always going to the first post. I want to have the option to go to the first post I have not read. I get that at other sites. 

Honored Contributor

I really don't want to have to devote hours of my time to learning how to use this site. 

Respected Contributor

The bottom line for me is ease of communication...being able to exchange information and ideas easily.  This new formatting and navigation is the antithesis of that.   You can have your cutesy little features.  I want a site that doesn't waste my time in trying to do a simple post and finding threads I previously posted on....AND showing more than one response on the screen at a time.

Yes.  It sucks big time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Justina wrote:

The bottom line for me is ease of communication...being able to exchange information and ideas easily.  This new formatting and navigation is the antithesis of that.   You can have your cutesy little features.  I want a site that doesn't waste my time in trying to do a simple post and finding threads I previously posted on....AND showing more than one response on the screen at a time.

Yes.  It sucks big time.

What she said!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

I think as poor an experience as the new forum has provided on my desktop it's exponentially worse on mobile.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

Yeah it stinks, and I don't think I really give a hoot either way about this forum to tell you the truth.  Oh and if there were decent emoties, I might add a few to make my point.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure there are folks here that like it, don't mind it, etc.  

Those that want to stay will get used to it....

But it doesn't make it good~!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

@Justina wrote:

Yes.  It sucks big time.

I changed my settings to show 25 responses on the screen at the same time.  At least I think this is what you mean.  My Settings>Preferences>Linear Layouts>Posts Per Topic

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@Justina wrote:

Yes.  It sucks big time.

I changed my settings to show 25 responses on the screen at the same time.  At least I think this is what you mean.  My Settings>Preferences>Linear Layouts>Posts Per Topic

Actually that's not what I mean but thanks anyhow NickNack.  I have my setting for 50.

What I meant was....just in viewing (reading) responses on a thread I am not able to see more than one or two responses on the screen at a time.  Why?  Because there is so much wasted space in the response boxes....taken up by avatars, heart buttons, etc. and just plain ol' wasted white space.  With the old formatting you could see quite a few responses at once on the screen.  To me this is important for continuity of a conversation and not wasting so much time in scrolling...and scrolling...and scrolling to see more responses.  Hope that makes sense. Smiley Happy