Super Contributor

Is there anyone who really LIKES this forum?

Or is everyone pretty much on the same page that it sucks the big one.

I teach - what's your superpower?
Honored Contributor

Re: Is there anyone who really LIKES this forum?

I'm learning something new every day.  If I can do it so can you.  Patience is a virtue, or so they say. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

I like it.  I can do many things that I couldn't do on the old Board.  I love that you can go straight to the last post read in a thread.  I love that I can post pictures from my computer rather than having to go through PhotoBucket.  There are many other things that I like about it.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

I don't like the lack of color.  I don't like the smilies. 

There are probably many features I have no idea how to use or will use. 

I can't change my preferences yet. 

The one thing I like is "hearting" a post.  I think it's easier to post a photo.

There's just too much going on and too many steps. 

Honored Contributor

It is what it is and they are adjusting it for us every day so we just keep hanging in there.  Give it a little time and the mods more suggestions.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

I like it.  I can do many things that I couldn't do on the old Board.  I love that you can go straight to the last post read in a thread.  I love that I can post pictures from my computer rather than having to go through PhotoBucket.  There are many other things that I like about it.

Do you kjnow how to do this from a Dell computer, because I havn't been able to.

Super Contributor

@brii wrote:

I don't like the lack of color.  I don't like the smilies. 

There are probably many features I have no idea how to use or will use. 

I can't change my preferences yet. 

The one thing I like is "hearting" a post.  I think it's easier to post a photo.

There's just too much going on and too many steps. 

@brii When you try to change your preferences are you clicking SAVE at the bottom of the page?  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

On Day 1 I thought I'd gotten my life back!  The forum I was seeing was so bad, I just knew there was no reason I'd ever need to be here again.

Then on day 2 - the whole picture changed -  and I mean literally the whole picture on my screen changed.

Since then I've found each day how this thing works, but I'm doing it bit by bit.  There were some few things about the old format I didn't much like and hopefully after a while I'll be able to say the same about this one.

Respected Contributor

I can't stand the font, it's too small and too light. But, I also dislike when it is gigantic and colored. Can't they just make it uniform,  bigger and darker for everyone.

Oh and the old smilies were much better. These ones are absolutely awful.

Esteemed Contributor

The problem is/was in the implementation. I don't they they were ready. (There even was a postponement). I don't think they collected enough data from the membership (all the members, not just a select few) as to what they would like. I don't think they tested things properly on the different devices people use the forums.

It is also in the Getting Started instructions. For instace, they say, do this to look for the "Spoiler," but they do not define what a spoiler is or does. I know what a spoiler is, but how do I know what it means here? (That's just one tiny example.)  Define what it is, then explain how to utilize it!

They allow you to browse through your own photos to upload for your own album & Avatar, but they never mentioned that your photo would have to be approved. (I uploaded the same photo 3 times!)

Also, I think we're all pretty much happier with the sub forums, but this has gone on deaf ears, except if you scream loud enough. I'm really happy Handbags got their own forum! But where is a Sports forum? How does sports have anything to do with Wellness?!

As far as answering questions....I wouldn't think of grouping all of my students' questions in one lump place. I answer them individually as they come up! My students get the answers they were seeking and go on their merry way!

Other than all these little foibles, which really are just petty annoyances, I really like the new format!