Honored Contributor

Re: Is that the Gili jacket?

On 12/5/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 12/5/2014 Preds said:

Why, yes I am Kitty. Who told? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Us cats can spot one a mile away.

Instinct!

Meow, baby! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I know the jacket is supposed to be cropped, but I wish it were a few inches longer. Lisa is short-waisted, so it falls perfectly on her, but it looks much too short on the taller women who have been modeling it. I'm thin, but very long-waisted, so I'm sure it would look way too short, as it would probably fall mid-torso on me.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

hairdo ~ check make-up ~ check jacket ~ beautiful beautiful gorgeous gorgeous

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I know the jacket is supposed to be cropped, but I wish it were a few inches longer. Lisa is short-waisted, so it falls perfectly on her, but it looks much too short on the taller women who have been modeling it. I'm thin, but very long-waisted, so I'm sure it would look way too short, as it would probably fall mid-torso on me.

I've heard Lisa say that she's long waisted.

All torso, short legs.

That's what she says, anyway.

Respected Contributor

legs like a Shetland Pony - hey she said it! on air!

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 brii said:

I don't get these kinds of jackets. It's too cold here to wear this as outerwear. I can't imagine wearing it under a coat either.

I wouldn't sit in a restaurant or in a theater or in somebody's home with it in on either.

How do you even wear this? LOL

I know what you mean. IMO, it is totally not an outerwear jacket. I would wear it in place of a blazer, with trousers or a pencil skirt.

However, it would soooo not work on me, nor do I have any use for it in the way I mentioned, nor would I want to put a coat over it. Ergo, it's not my thing.

Adding: I kind of like the style though; especially in the more sophisticated colors. (That blue is hideous, IMO.)

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 12/5/2014 brii said:

I don't get these kinds of jackets. It's too cold here to wear this as outerwear. I can't imagine wearing it under a coat either.

I wouldn't sit in a restaurant or in a theater or in somebody's home with it in on either.

How do you even wear this? LOL

I know what you mean. IMO, it is totally not an outerwear jacket. I would wear it in place of a blazer, with trousers or a pencil skirt.

However, it would soooo not work on me, nor do I have any use for it in the way I mentioned, nor would I want to put a coat over it. Ergo, it's not my thing.

Adding: I kind of like the style though; especially in the more sophisticated colors. (That blue is hideous, IMO.)

I agree...

Respected Contributor

On 12/5/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 12/5/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I've heard Lisa say that she's long waisted.

All torso, short legs.

That's what she says, anyway.

Interesting...it goes to show how different things look on TV. The jacket looked really good on her and certainly didn't look too short like it did on virtually everyone else.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I like Lisa as a show host. However, she is not a qualified fashion "designer" in any sense of the word. She needs to go back to school and learn the basics before she presents her "designs."

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't believe they were putting the obi belt with it, to me it was already constricting enough. I would be screaming for air to breathe.