Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

Wow @BalletBabe  Kachina got banned ?  I'm shocked !  I was sure she must own part of QVC the way she was always defending them.  Wow----and I'm not trying to be mean I'm just rally surprised 

@Silver Fox1 

part of the reason I question the veracity of what's being said over there.  Kachina was the ultimate QVC fan/supporter.  I can't figure it.  But then, I didn't figure they would close the boards either so.

She was banned for reposting a deleted post.  She had no idea the info was posted before by someone else because  the mods deleted it before she even saw it.  It was a posting about a letter to the CEO.

She didn't do It on purpose. I guess the CEO wasn't amused.

Kachina post something to get it deleted and ultimately be banned?  Heck no.  I'm astounded.  That is why I questioned.  Her of all people?  Hard to fathom.  Kachina was QVC, imo. 

Did the CEO know what was being done?  I doubt something like this is part of his day to day worries.  So, the CEO got mad instead of the mods who deleted it like they always do?  That kind of information is public knowledge as he reports to shareholders.  Many of which could be posting on these forums.  There is no basis for saying the CEO got mad and had her banned.  The mods thought it was inappropriate and got her banned. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Carmie - Off topic here. I might have given you a bunch of hearts by mistake! I don't even use them here! I was brushing a cat hair off my iPad when I noticed your heart count going up and figured it was me!

All that being said, I disagree completely with banning long-time posters over this, especially one who has given me so much help.

I'll see you at our new Board!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

Wow @BalletBabe  Kachina got banned ?  I'm shocked !  I was sure she must own part of QVC the way she was always defending them.  Wow----and I'm not trying to be mean I'm just rally surprised 

@Silver Fox1 

part of the reason I question the veracity of what's being said over there.  Kachina was the ultimate QVC fan/supporter.  I can't figure it.  But then, I didn't figure they would close the boards either so.

She was banned for reposting a deleted post.  She had no idea the info was posted before by someone else because  the mods deleted it before she even saw it.  It was a posting about a letter to the CEO.

She didn't do It on purpose. I guess the CEO wasn't amused.

Kachina post something to get it deleted and ultimately be banned?  Heck no.  I'm astounded.  That is why I questioned.  Her of all people?  Hard to fathom.  Kachina was QVC, imo. 

Did the CEO know what was being done?  I doubt something like this is part of his day to day worries.  So, the CEO got mad instead of the mods who deleted it like they always do?  That kind of information is public knowledge as he reports to shareholders.  Many of which could be posting on these forums.  There is no basis for saying the CEO got mad and had her banned.  The mods thought it was inappropriate and got her banned. 

Some things are said tongue in cheek.  I am sure the CEO doesn't know or has never heard of  Kachina.

The story about her reposting a deleted thread is true.  Why wouldn't it be? She isn't any more special to QVC than any other poster on here.

It has happened to other posters over the years as well.  

Honored Contributor

I agree many have left. My account is set up on pro boards but it holds little interest. Sure will be sad to lose touch with all the great posters because of QVC's corporate decision.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading the terms of this new site, I hope that everyone who has gone over has created a second email site.

You do consent to receive email communications regarding the services, new product offers, promotions and other matters.

I don’t envy anyone who doesn’t have two email accounts.  but then, I haven’t read all communications here.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain  I am guessing it is because Q Really Really wants customers to go the  Q Facebook route. PERIOD.....Katchina was so supportive of Q and their policies and that  she had good luck with shipping in general and what goes on. Some thought  she was even  an employee as so Q positive. That is a  shame and says alot about recent transactions. 

Links were not permitted  no matter for what  in Guidelines but total banning seems severe under the circumstances. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

Posters were banned for posting the link to the new board at Proboards and also for posting the email address of the CEO,  

She was banned because a post with the CEO's address was deleted and she had no idea somone else had posted it before her and it was zapped.

She got banned for reposting a deleted post...she had no idea she did this because it was deleted before she saw it.

@Carmie   I don't know about you but I think we will have more fun over there and we will be able to not get banned or our posts deleted for dumb reasons. 

It sounds good on paper.  I'm just hoping and praying that everyone adults and doesn't cross any lines.  I would sure hate to have to warn or ban anyone.  I will if I have to, but oh goodness..I just hope everyone has fun and doesn't cause any problems.

We want a respectable place no matter what. So far, everyone has been great!

@Carmie 

I would hope that those of us who are so grateful to all that worked so hard and so quickly to provide us with an alternative to this gathering place would at least be grateful enough to mind our manners there as a big 'thank you'.

I'm sure you all appreciate the accolades, but making your job as easy as possible would probably be appreciated more in the long run.

(I promise to be good!🤞☺️)

Esteemed Contributor

Moderation is a concern for me at the new board. Posters do not make for good moderators. It's a imbalance of power. Moderators are usually neutral for a reason.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree 100%.  Even with the best of intentions,  biases are bound to emerge.

After all, many posters have years of cumulative investment in others, both good and bad.

Honored Contributor

My concern is what will be done to stop people from signing up with 2 or 3 different nics.