Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

My concern is what will be done to stop people from signing up with 2 or 3 different nics.  

Yes. My other concern is knowing who all of the mods are.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

My concern is what will be done to stop people from signing up with 2 or 3 different nics.  

@Mj12  And that too.

I recognize all the names of the mods except emmabug.  I don't know who she is.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

They do that on QVC forums too.  Some have been banned, but have mananged toset up a different account.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12  And that too.

Fashionista

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12  And that too.

Fashionista

Thank you, @Carmie !

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12  And that too.

Fashionista

@Carmie 

Thank you!

Again, thank you for all the hard work you and the other mods have been doing.  It's a huge undertaking to moderate a forum.  You've all done so much in just a few days.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

Moderation is a concern for me at the new board. Posters do not make for good moderators. It's a imbalance of power. Moderators are usually neutral for a reason.

Do you think the mods were always fair and neutral on QVC?  I think not.

Humans are not robots.  We all have flaws and when using judgement, not everyone will agree.

We can only do our best and be as fair as we can, as best we can.

Inbalance of power?  I hardly think this is a power position.  Not from where I sit anyway.  It's a difficult job.  I hope I never have to monitor my friends, nor those who for some reason have rubbed me raw over the years here, but I know that I will.

I am not looking forward to that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

Moderation is a concern for me at the new board. Posters do not make for good moderators. It's a imbalance of power. Moderators are usually neutral for a reason.

Humans are not robots.  We all have flaws and when using judgement, not everyone will agree.

Inbalance of power?  I hardly think this is a power position.  Not from where I sit anyway.  It's a difficult job.  I hope I never have to monitor my friends, nor those who for some reason have rubbed me raw over the years here, but I know that I will.

Yes, @Carmie it is a power position. While I didn't agree with some of the moderators decisions on this board they have established rules. They don't post here either. I don't think posters should moderate.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

Yes, @Carmie it is a power position. While I didn't agree with some of the moderators decisions on this board they have established rules. They don't post here either. I don't think posters should moderate.

@manny2   While I do understand your concerns, not letting mods post on the new board will penalize those of us who volunteered to help.

I offered to help because this board is shutting down and mellyg took the initiative to put another board together so we could continue the friendships that have gone on for years. 

She obviously could not do it alone so I offered to do what I could.  The rules will clealy state what is and is not acceptable.  If someone disagrees with a mod in a civil way that is no cause for any action.  Civil, respectful and kind are key.

Since the board is so new, I am sure it will be tweaked as we move forward but everyone is doing the best that they can for now.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

On proboards, you can ban people by their IP address.