Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

No matter how careful you are you need to be concerned about what others are doing because this virus is so contagious and can be spread so easily from people that have no symptoms.  

CURRENTLY, we are all......

***Potential serial killers***

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@lovesrecess  I will trust the governors and mayors in the US to get it right according to the conditions in their areas.  If we wait for the OK from Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, we'll be waiting forever with no hope of restoring our country, and we'll have people on a perpetual government dole that will bankrupt the country.  What is going on now is not sustainable.  We have to move forward.

I trust the doctors, first and foremost! Yes, it is too early. Unless a governor or mayor has the same level of medical expertise as Dr. Fauci or Dr. Birx, he/she is not qualified to determine when it is safe to open. My governor is one whom I believe values money first, and that is certainly true of my lieutenant governor. I don't trust them or those to whom they may listen. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they were at home drinking bleach right now...

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@lovesrecess  I will trust the governors and mayors in the US to get it right according to the conditions in their areas.  If we wait for the OK from Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, we'll be waiting forever with no hope of restoring our country, and we'll have people on a perpetual government dole that will bankrupt the country.  What is going on now is not sustainable.  We have to move forward.

I would listen to them because they have science to back them.  The government has spent lots of money to bail out big businesses or government dole as you call it.  Well they can dole out to citizens if needed.  It is not going to do anybody any good for people to start getting sick again

Honored Contributor

Our vets office is still doing curbside so why would a tattoo parlor be essential?  Duh!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I think it is nice that there are areas (cities, counties, or states) opening up.

I don't know why there is outrage from people on the news when some places open up, saying it isn't safe. If the business has been okayed to open up, they don't have to, but they can. And if people don't feel safe to frequent that business, they don't have to, but they can.

I don't believe enough credit is being given to any of us to make the right decision for ourselves and our personal circumstances. We should be able to make up our own mind based upon the information we have received (read/heard). 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"will bankrupt the country"

***MY PERSONAL OPINION***

Proproganda statement which the powers that be says from time to time.

This country can never go bankrupt as long as "paper money" & "mint" machines are kept well oiled.  Where do you think all this stimulus $$$$ is coming from?

ezgif-6-22afee4f8baf.gif

Yes we can make the printing presses go brrrrr til the end of time. Of course the dollar wont be worth anything but I guess we'll have lots of paper around filling that current void. 

Super Contributor

For me I just want a vaccine for this virus.  I know it will take a while.  But I get a vaccine every year for the flu and I want one for the Coronavirus, too.  Until then I will continue to wear a mask and avoid people getting close to me.  I'm a senior, too.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it just too soon?

[ Edited ]

We had a wee bit of easing of some restrictions in Michigan yesterday, but the overall order was extended until 5/15. There's a lot of sentiment that the rest of the state is being held back because of the situation in Detroit. It's nothing like that outside of that metro area. The legislature has come up with a couple of plans for regional re-openings, but so far the governor isn't inclined to even consider that. She's too busy with her national TV appearances and trying to get the VP nod. 

Whether or not it's too soon for businesses to open in areas other than mine isn't for me to say, just as I wouldn't think someone that lives in GA, TN, FL, etc, would have the audacity to opine as to what Michigan should do. No one is being forced to leave their homes if they aren't comfortable doing so. And no one should be throwing rocks, insults or passing judgement on anyone who has a differing opinion about what should/shouldn't be open. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

More from the reopening. Fun game: Spot the issues!

Georgia Allows Some Businesses to Reopen

Getty Images Georgia Hair dressers

Bartender Jake Glazier serves customers at a reopened roadside bar in Atlanta

Now I don't want to seem sexist, but I notice something all the non mask folks have in common in these pictures. I hope none of them are on blood pressure medication. I do see some gray hair on some of them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it just too soon?

[ Edited ]

@piperbay wrote:

A few weeks ago the Mayor of Chicago got her hair cut because she said she needed it done. She said we were both wearing masks and gloves.  She seems to have survived it. 

Don't kid yourself, the mayor is  tested frequently and anyone that is in close distance to her is also tested.

Everyone is not on a level playing field.