Honored Contributor

Without reading the entire thread, I really think it depends on the number of cases.  Some locations are hot sopts when others are not.

Eventually, they expect us to develop "herd immunity".

Honored Contributor

For me, it is too soon for some of these things.  I went through the B-flu in late Feb.  It lasted forever and we are not so sure I had both flu and then covid.  I haven't been tested for anti-bodies yet.

I was not able to help out my elderly mother or my sister when they needed me the most. I felt so useless.  Thankfully my brother and the grandkids took over and DH delivered meds and groceries for my mom. I just saw my mother and sister for the first time in 8 weeks or so a couple of days ago.  Given my age, I think, for me, I'm going with what Fauci and Birx say for now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our Governor wants to isolate, test, and do contact tracing.  That's fine but he gives no information on how he will increase the testing, etc.  No solid plan. 

Even in a hot zone, I think at least SOME industry has to reopen, even if it's slow.  I'm afraid to see what will happen by June 1 if there is no movement in getting the local economy going.

Honored Contributor

Glad to see our Governor Cuomo is finally realizing that the whole state doesn't have to be on the same restrictions. Upstate isn't nearly as bad as downstate and NYC area. Sounds like he may be ready to roll out less restrictions for upstate and get some things moving.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Glad to see our Governor Cuomo is finally realizing that the whole state doesn't have to be on the same restrictions. Upstate isn't nearly as bad as downstate and NYC area. Sounds like he may be ready to roll out less restrictions for upstate and get some things moving.

I wish he'd have that conversation with Governor Whitmer in Michigan! We're in the same boat here with majority of the state not experiencing the horrible situation that the Detroit area is. There's been a couple of plans put forth in the legislature to start regional re-opening activities, but she's not been inclined to consider any of them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~