Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it just too soon?

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

If you get sick or you sicken a family member, these shops aren't going to do a thing for you. So you really have to protect yourself. Don't just trust that other people know what they are doing. Be very smart about what you do.

What concerns me is that if there is a huge spike soon or in the Fall, none of these people who are agitating to open early will be willing to close again. They will stay open no matter what. And the same governors and mayors who are allowing early opening without adequete testing will allow them to stay open.

This is the level of precautions being taken at a Georgia barbershop right now. They are not following the recommendations from their state task force. You will be around others who are also not taking precautions. Pay attention to what you are walking into.

The most usual thing about these  pictures is that none of these guys look like they really NEED a haircut.

Trusted Contributor

@PickyCindy wrote:

For me I just want a vaccine for this virus.  I know it will take a while.  But I get a vaccine every year for the flu and I want one for the Coronavirus, too.  Until then I will continue to wear a mask and avoid people getting close to me.  I'm a senior, too.  

WE are together on this plan of action....

I think unless you are in a city where a large amount of people have the virus or you have been touched your opinion will be different.

I watched a CNN program and they interviewed a teacher in New York.  She taught in a mostly hispanic school and every one of her students had a grand parent, or parent or family member die of COV19 and she explained that her class has 35 students.  

I found that shocking and so did news person.....

I'm not going to get too deep into this but please note and understand these protests are not unplanned but well organized events. Which has a goal and objective.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

The most usual thing about this pictures is that none of these guys look like they really NEED a haircut.

Well the dude in the lower picture who is standing just outside the door -- with nobody there, as far as we can see, to ask questions or check temps I might add - looks like he started to shave his own head and then gave up. Personally, I don't doubt he's desperate, I just doubt he has common sense.

At least some of these men have families at home.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

@lovesrecess  I will trust the governors and mayors in the US to get it right according to the conditions in their areas.  If we wait for the OK from Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, we'll be waiting forever with no hope of restoring our country, and we'll have people on a perpetual government dole that will bankrupt the country.  What is going on now is not sustainable.  We have to move forward.

I live in Georgia. Trust level is zero.  

@gidgetgh 

I’ve got relatives in Georgia and they feel the same way.

Honored Contributor

If they open and very few come, many businesses will have to close anyway! The only way I see it that many hair/nail salons can even come close to surviving is if they have hours from maybe 7 am thru 11 pm with each worker working certain hours to keep distancing and allowing extra time to strictly disinfect like they will need to with no cheating!  Restaurants will not make the money with the limits to occupancy and also because there are many who will not be going to them for quite sometime until this is way on the downside.  

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@piperbay wrote:

A few weeks ago the Mayor of Chicago got her hair cut because she said she needed it done. She said we were both wearing masks and gloves.  She seems to have survived it. 

Don't kid yourself, the mayor is  tested frequently and anyone that is in close distance to her is also tested.

Everyone is not on a level playing field.

@hopi - You're so right! I don't know anything about the mayor, but IMO this is a "let them eat cake" situation. She should not have said "she needed it done." There are LOTS of women, and men, who would like to get theirs done too, but we're obeying the guidelines. She is NOT. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@lovesrecess  I will trust the governors and mayors in the US to get it right according to the conditions in their areas.  If we wait for the OK from Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, we'll be waiting forever with no hope of restoring our country, and we'll have people on a perpetual government dole that will bankrupt the country.  What is going on now is not sustainable.  We have to move forward.

What a delightful description for the help the government is giving to people in need. Have you ever been unable to feed your family? Have you ever not been able to pay the rent? Can you you begin to imagine not being able to buy even the absolute essentials?

BTW, last time I looked, the mayors and governors were politicians (some excellent, some...), not healthy experts.

@Cats3000 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Yes, by all means trust self serving politicians who will tell you what you want to hear, rather than medical experts who know what they are talking about.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

When businesses deemed nonessential open & some don't feel comfortable going, then don't....stay home & do what's best for your situation. I'm looking forward to my State opening, the sooner the better but that doesn't mean I'll be running around taking no precautions. I can't wait to get a cut & color, understanding there'll be guidelines to follow...that's fine, I can handle it.

Honored Contributor

I guess time will tell if it's to early or not.  I think if a governor sets the guidelines and some don't follow them, thats likely not going to end well.  In the pictures above, both workers and patrons were without masks or not wearing them correctly.  The fellow in the food truck has his mask pulled down, so there's really no point in him wearing it.

I think I will end up proceeding cautiously when the time comes.  If I come across non compliance to the guidelines like the barber shop above, I'm out.