Respected Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or is the edit button not working?

dooBdoo,

I copied my post to the thread you suggested.  And thanks for the disappearing keyboard tip.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thanks for for the tips!  Re:  my #2 below...I click to edit a post.  I type/edit a little and stop to re-read.  My hands aren't touching the screen, yet it saves what I'd revised and takes me back to the thread.  It's as if I tapped Post/save, but I didn't.  Maybe there is a time limit on edit instead of autosave?  

Honored Contributor

wildcat fan wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Thanks for for the tips!  Re:  my #2 below...I click to edit a post.  I type/edit a little and stop to re-read.  My hands aren't touching the screen, yet it saves what I'd revised and takes me back to the thread.  It's as if I tapped Post/save, but I didn't.  Maybe there is a time limit on edit instead of autosave?  

You're welcome, @wildcat fan.  That's a curious development with the system auto-magically deciding to post your comment.  When it happens, do you see the "Success" message at the top of the screen telling you to click there to see your post?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo I don't recall whether or not the "Success" message popped up, but I did notice it saved the edits I'd done up to that point.  I wondered if it took me back to the thread because it sat idle for a short period.  

Honored Contributor

wildcat fan wrote:

@dooBdoo I don't recall whether or not the "Success" message popped up, but I did notice it saved the edits I'd done up to that point.  I wondered if it took me back to the thread because it sat idle for a short period.  

Thanks, @wildcat fan.  I'll have to try typing and idling a bit and see what happens.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Yesterday the edit was not working for me either but today it is.