Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else having problems with getting their returns credited???????

@rms1954 wrote:

@wrenzee wrote:

I've returend at least 3-4 items and that was last month about 3 weeks ago and I have yet to see my account credited.  I've called customer service numerous times and they said the warehouse is behind with checking in the returns.  What's going on with QVC?  It's not like they are Amazon.  It's almost like the quality of the company has gone down hill since they purchased HSN.  Something is not right.  It's like they can't keep up with all the channels they are on.  I want my money back! 

I have no problem.  If there ever is an issue, I check my tracking and then call CS and they process the refund after checking the tracking.  Just as a side note, QVC did not purchase HSN.

My experience too.  No problem.  I use the easy return label.  If i didnt see the credit on my next CC statement i would call CS.  I can’t remember ever having to do that though.  I will say that depending on the CC closing date a credit might not show up until the second statement.  But if you call the CC company it would be credited early in that second cycle.  Probbaly confusing explanation, but anyway no problem.  (As an aside if i returned that many items in a month i would stop buying whatever i had bought!😬)

Trusted Contributor

I have had to call on every return/exchange...thankfully the QVC Social Team has been very helpful and I’ve usually gotten my refund within a couple of days of contacting them.

I do think QVC needs to really revamp their shipping/exchanges/refunds. Anytime I’ve sent a return to Amazon, as soon as the tracking is scanned into their system, a refund is issued right away and credited to my card within a day. Same with Zappos....free shipping and free returns. If the Q has any hopes of being a serious contender in the ever growing on-line shopping world, they truly need some changes to be more accommodating to their customers.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes 

Well said and thank you for posting this!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Do the following, call customer service (once you reach a CS you DO NOT HAVE TO ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR!) The CS can process your return immediately.  QVC's excuse for their "delay" is going on 9 months now. UNACCEPTABLE.  While your return sits in the return department, QVC, YOU are losing money because interest is being added to your credit card, while QVC has your return money. BAD BAD business practice and should have been rectified immediately, but it hasn't.  Has soon as I deliver a return to the post office with qvc return label, the post office scans it and gives me a receipt, the next day or second day after I mailed it back I call customer service and they can process your return immediately. Ridiculous to wait.  If CS says thay haven't received it yet, don't believe then they can tell from their computer, if using their return label, that you dropped it off at the post office and give you a credit immeidately. EVERYONE SHOULD BE DOING THIS.

@tropics21 

The problem is that you should not have to do that. Were all adults, no one is asking for instant gratification. We just expect a return to be processed in a timely manner. We should not have to "bird dog " a simple return when we are all busy. Like I said I was always careful with what I purchased, but now I am hyper vigilant about making purchases. I don't have the time, will or energy to deal with them on these matters.

Honored Contributor

I haven’t returned anything to QVC in quite a while, b/c l don’t buy much anymore. However, l returned a jacket to HSN recently. Within a week, the credit appeared on my credit card statement online.

Since QVC and HSN are both owned by the same parent company (Qurate), l would think that the Q could learn something from HSN re: efficient returns processing!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I just had to call CS yesterday for info on two returns.  I agree with you all.  Returns at such a huge retailer should not be this difficult.   New processes and procedures need to be instituted.  The buyers should not have to investigate the conclusion of returns at QVC.