Esteemed Contributor

Interesting Geek Squad Experience

I bought a TV for the bedroom in January.  I didn't have it plugged into a surge protector and it stopped working in June.  It was still under warranty, so I took it to Geek Squad.  I picked it up a few days ago and noticed Fox had no audio.  This morning, the premium movie channels were in spanish.8931

I called Geek Squad toll free number.  The Agent walked me through some steps that didn't work and told me to bring it back to the store.  I told her I didn't want to do that because it's a lengthy process.  She then got the manufacturer on the line.  That dude fixed the problem in a few steps.

He said "I had Comcast customers yelling at me because the NBA Playoffs were in spanish."

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Geek Squad Experience

Sorry, but was that supposed to be funny?

Would you care to explain to me?

Always be thankful and you'll have than more than you know.
preds 12-.2019
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing this.  It's nice to know that Geek Squad will go that extra step to solve a problem.  Glad you didn't have to return to the store again.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam

I get it!! Woman LOLWoman LOL

Why does one need any language on audio to view a basketball game? or a soccer game or a hockey game? -- its just watch where the ball travels. No need for dialogue.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Why does one need any language on audio to view a basketball game? or a soccer game or a hockey game? -- its just watch where the ball travels. No need for dialogue.

I think most televised baseball games would be improved if you could mute the announcers but keep the stadium sounds.  With notable exceptions of course, Vin Scully among them.