Esteemed Contributor

Interesting Geek Squad Experience

I bought a TV for the bedroom in January.  I didn't have it plugged into a surge protector and it stopped working in June.  It was still under warranty, so I took it to Geek Squad.  I picked it up a few days ago and noticed Fox had no audio.  This morning, the premium movie channels were in spanish.8931

I called Geek Squad toll free number.  The Agent walked me through some steps that didn't work and told me to bring it back to the store.  I told her I didn't want to do that because it's a lengthy process.  She then got the manufacturer on the line.  That dude fixed the problem in a few steps.

He said "I had Comcast customers yelling at me because the NBA Playoffs were in spanish."

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Geek Squad Experience

Sorry, but was that supposed to be funny?

Would you care to explain to me?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing this.  It's nice to know that Geek Squad will go that extra step to solve a problem.  Glad you didn't have to return to the store again.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam

I get it!! Woman LOLWoman LOL

Why does one need any language on audio to view a basketball game? or a soccer game or a hockey game? -- its just watch where the ball travels. No need for dialogue.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Why does one need any language on audio to view a basketball game? or a soccer game or a hockey game? -- its just watch where the ball travels. No need for dialogue.

I think most televised baseball games would be improved if you could mute the announcers but keep the stadium sounds.  With notable exceptions of course, Vin Scully among them.