Trusted Contributor

I have the help do it.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Preds said:

Daily with this.

Weekly with spin mop and steam mop whenever I have the urge.

I use the same mop, love it, couldn't live without it! I bought extra microfiber pads (6!!!) because after the winter thaw, my backyard is MUD CENTRAL and I have three dogs. Until the ground dries and firms up, that mop sits by my patio door. I make each pup wait so I can try to get the muddy paws tended to, but it's hopeless. My floor must get mopped at least 6 times a day and then I throw all the pads in the washer at bedtime and they're ready to go again in the morning.

I just use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

I have a Haan steamer that I use on weekends, especially in the kitchen area.

Valued Contributor
VCamp , yes now I am deeply thinking about how lazy I've been about cleaning.
Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 3/17/2015 Preds said:

Daily with this.

Weekly with spin mop and steam mop whenever I have the urge.

I use the same mop, love it, couldn't live without it! I bought extra microfiber pads (6!!!) because after the winter thaw, my backyard is MUD CENTRAL and I have three dogs. Until the ground dries and firms up, that mop sits by my patio door. I make each pup wait so I can try to get the muddy paws tended to, but it's hopeless. My floor must get mopped at least 6 times a day and then I throw all the pads in the washer at bedtime and they're ready to go again in the morning.

I just use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

I have a Haan steamer that I use on weekends, especially in the kitchen area.

This is what I have used for many years and love it! I have laminate floors, and it works great - I use white vinegar and hot water, too. Don't know about Murphy Oil on my laminate. Better not.

Super Contributor

Mop and bucket. Used to do the hands and knees routine but can't anymore.

I'm not keen on using disposable cleaning cloths.

Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 adelle38 said:

You're supposed to wash the floor?

I use a Haan.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/17/2015 VCamp2748 said:
On 3/17/2015 Preds said:
On 3/17/2015 momtodogs said:

On my hands and knees......about once a month

That's the bathroom for me. Maybe VC can knit us some kneepads. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

No, I'll just go out & buy you some Kotex that you can tape to your knees

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol} You made me choke on my soda{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I clean my laminate with one of those mops Preds posted.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I sweep more than I mop. Mopping, only when company visits. (hands and knees, the old fashioned way)

Valued Contributor

penitentiary style, hands and knees with a toothbrush for around the edges. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

I have hardwood and tile. I wash them once a week.

The hardwood in my kitchen gets washed with water and 7th generation dish liquid.

The bathrooms are tile and get washed with hot water and 7th generation laundry liquid.

Same for the tiles on the front porch and entryway in to living room. Liquid laundry detergent.

I use Quickie mops (sold at Lowe's) and a big blue bucket on wheels. Different rooms get different mops (I don't wash kitchen floor with mops I used in bathrooms).